13 and Over Virtual Dryland May 25-29
2020 VIRTUAL DRYLAND TRAINING FOR SWIMMERS
Stroke Specific Dryland Training:
In preparation for reintegration and training, we are excited to announce a stroke specific Virtual Dryland Training Component for swimmers. Using Enterprise Zoom meetings, swimmers will be able engage with teammates and coach while participating in a 45-minute dryland practice.
Virtual practices will meet in groups of 8 athletes and follow an evidence based, stroke specific dryland program.
13 & Over Swimmer Virtual Dryland
Meets: Monday through Friday
Program will involve body weight, agility activities and light resistance
Equipment: bands, cords or weights, medicine ball, utility/playground ball or light weights, water bottle and mats. Can also use milk jugs/detergent bottles for weights. Jump ropes. Cell phone with Zoom App. (see notes Member Needs below)
Time slots: 2-3p , 3-4p and 4-5p
Group size: 8 maximum
Program length: Weekly. This program will run until facilities reopen and practices resume but could run longer should social distancing require.
Fee: The following fee structure during COVID 19 closure is as follows: $15.00/wk
Swimmers will be virtually supervised by a USA Swimming coach and in some cases, assisted by swimmers trained in the dryland component who will provide corrective feedback to the participants. Swimmers will need to be able to position a cell phone in a manner to be able to be seen by coach during session.
Registration: by Team Unify
Payment method: credit card or debit card via with Team Unify
Financial Assistance: May be considered on a case by case basis. If you need to speak to an administrator about financial assistance please click here to be redirected. You may also respond directly to this email. Staff will get back to you in appox. 48 hours
- Riptide Team Unify account
- USA Swimming athlete membership
- Mobile device with Zoom Account app
- Go Swim.tv Account and review of video which will be linked
Using Team Unify & Agreement: PLEASE READ!
- 13 & Over USA Swimmers and their parents will be sent a video link and page of info graphics following registration
- A free membership to GoSwim.tv will be needed to view the bands/cord exercises
- 13 & Over Swimmers must review the GoSwim.tv safety module and exercises with parent prior to first session. An agreement will be checked at the time of registration
- 13 U Over Swimmers must review the infographics for medicine ball exercises with parent prior to the first session. An agreement will be checked at the time of registration.
- If a swimmer has not reviewed these materials prior to session, they may be asked to do so instead of exercising in first session.
Click here to see additional Virtual Dryland FAQs: