FISH LC Derby
FISH LC Derby
Saturday, May 05-Sunday, May 06
George Mason University
4400 University Blvd
Fairfax, VA 22030
USS registered swimmers
LONG COURSE meet
commit and select events
Saturday, April 14th @ 11:59p
Please check www.PVSWIM.org for the most up-to-date information, as schedules are subject to change.
CHANGES TO MEET SCHEDULE: Highlighted in yellow below.
Saturday AM: 12& UNDER: Warm ups 6:30 - 7:50 a.m.; Start 8:00 a.m.
Saturday Distance: Warm ups 12:15 - 12:55 p.m.; Start 1:00 p.m.
Sunday PM: 13 & OVER: Warm ups 3:00 - 4:20 p.m.; Start 4:30 p.m.
Sunday AM: 12 & UNDER: Warm ups 6:30 - 7:50 a.m.; Start 8:00 a.m.
Sunday PM: 13 & OVER: Warm ups 12:15 - 1:35 p.m.; Start 1:45 p.m.
3. All swimmers in the 800 will need to provide their own timer and counter
4. We will be doing check in for all events but the first 2 in each session, excluding the distance session
5. There will be no deck entries except for the Distance session.
6. No folding Chairs are allowed on deck
7. George Mason has a new policy not allowing food on the pool deck. There will be a snack room (right off the rec pool/warm up pool) where the swimmers can go to eat their snacks during the meet. There will be signs directing the swimmers to the correct place. Please be sure to pass this on to your athletes!
8. Please pass this link on to you parents for them to sign up to help time. We cannot put the meet on without their help! www.SignUpGenius.com/go/30E0C45AFA92F4-20182
NT (no times) will NOT be accepted. Coaches times are permitted.
In spirit of the Kentucky Derby, every swimmer is required to choose a “horse name” (and 2 alternate selections in case of duplicates). Submit your selections as an excel spreadsheet with your entries which lists both the swimmer’s actual name and their chosen “horse name”. “Horse names” are limited to 16 characters including spaces. Each athlete’s “horse name” will be used on the digital scoreboard and by the meet announcer; all official final results will be recorded with the swimmers official name & USAS # at the conclusion of the meet.
If the meet director deems the supplied horse name inappropriate, another one will be assigned at random. At the discretion of the Meet Director, identical horse names from different teams may receive a roman numeral after their name.
Splash Fee: $17.00
Event Fee: $8.50
Swimmers will receive a cap for competeing in this meet.
Please put your derby name in the NOTES when signing up.