Dual Meet #1 - Away vs. Kingsbrooke
(this is a team hosted event)
Kicking the season off with our perennial rivals.......the Kingsbrooke Sea Lions. Let's get that first win in the books early!
For many, this may be the first away meet and you may have plenty of questions. That's okay. Feel free to ask some of your more experienced teammates on deck, a coach (at an appropriate time), or a board member.
In the meantime, here are some tips to make sure the meet runs effectively and efficiently:
- Please sign your swimmer(s) up for the meet on the Team Unify website by this Wednesday, June 13th, at 12:00pm. If they are not registered for the meet, we will not create time cards for them.
- Please sign up to volunteer. We split the volunteer duties at dual meets, but there is still plenty to do. Many of you have already signed up, so thanks. Keep it coming! There are plenty more jobs available.
- The order of events at the meet will be as follows: Relays, Freestyle, Individual Medley, Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Relays. Swimmers’ events and/or relays will be selected by the coaching staff. (They have been strategizing for weeks).
- All swimmers should arrive and check-in with the Team Manager by 6:10 am. Warmups will begin around 6:25 am. The swimmers have a very limited amount of time to warm up, so please be on time! The meet will start promptly at 7:00 am.
- Directions: The address for the Kingsbrooke pool is: 9101 Braided Stream Drive, Bristow, VA 20136. It is located right down Linton Hall from us.
- Parking: There is limited parking at the pool. It is on a first come, first serve basis. Parking along Braided Stream Drive and surrounding streets is permitted, but please do not block anything important like driveways, hydrants, intersections, and mailboxes or you may very well be towed.
- Team Area: Set up is in the grassy areas surrounding the pool and the clubhouse. If you are facing the pool, our area is to the LEFT of the pool.
- Spectator Area: There are spectator areas around the pool, but please do not interfere with the swimmers, coaches, or volunteers by standing in the wrong place. And don’t get mad if you are asked to move.