Spring 2018 Registration (Local Athletes Only)
The Thunder Water Polo Spring Programs will begin the week of Monday, February 5th.
Thunder Water Polo includes three primary practice locations: Southlake, Flower Mound, and Denton. There will be practice opportunities for 8th Grade and Under age groups/genders (High School Athletes will play with their High School Team during the Spring).
Local Practice Days/Times: Mondays & Wednesdays. All athletes will play, practice, and compete throughout the Spring in an atmosphere that promotes self-esteem, physical fitness, teamwork and respect for others. Athletes should choose which practice schedule best fits their schedule/location.
In addition to practices, all athletes will play in the local North Texas Spring League. There will also be optional Weekend Tournaments where Thunder Water Polo will compete against other USA Water Polo clubs locally and across the US.
- Denton Water Polo Spring Season Practices
- All 8th Grade and Under Athletes: Mondays and Wednesdays, 5:00-6:30 pm
- Location: Denton ISD Natatorium, 2400 Long Rd, Denton, TX
- Flower Mound Water Polo Spring Season
- 6th Grade and Under Athletes: Mondays and Wednesdays 5:00-6:30 pm
- 7th and 8th Grade Athletes: Mondays and Wednesdays 6:30-8:00 pm
- Location: Lewisville ISD Westside Aquatic Center, 1750 Duncan Lane, Lewisville, TX
- Southlake Water Polo Spring Season
- All 8th Grade and Under Athletes: Mondays and Wednesdays, 7:30-9:15 pm
- Location: Southlake-Carroll ISD Natatorium, 1501 W Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX
North Texas Spring League: Three Sunday Game days in which Thunder Water Polo will compete in various divisions/age groups against other Thunder Water Polo practice locations and DFW area club teams. All athletes who declare as attending will be assigned to play on at least one team within their age group, and each team will play at least two games each Game Day. The Spring League entry fees are included in Spring club dues.
- Thunder Game Day #1: Sunday, February 25th at the Southlake-Carroll ISD Aquatic Center
- Thunder Game Day #2: Sunday, March 25th at the Denton ISD Natatorium
- North Texas Spring Champs: Sunday, April 15th at the Southlake-Carroll ISD Aquatic Center
Weekend Tournaments: For Weekend Tournaments, all athletes from the Southlake, Flower Mound, and Denton programs will come together and play as Thunder Water Polo. For the weekend tournaments, there will be additional tournament entry fees, travel costs, USA Water Polo membership fees, etc. Separate emails for each event will be sent to all members with specific tournament information and deadlines to commit.
- March 3-4: Thunder Spring Invite, Southlake-Carroll ISD Aquatic Center - ALL Athletes/Age Groups.
- April 28-29: TAGS – Texas Age Group Championships, 8th Grade and Under – Austin, TX
Spring Local Program Registration/Dues: Registration/payments should be made online at www.ThunderPolo.com. If needed, please check payments to Thunder Water Polo, 2600 E Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092.
- 14U/12U Athletes: $200/athlete. Cost includes ALL local weekly practices & Spring League Game Days.
For Additional Information, please contact Brandon Dion at ClubAdmin@thunderpolo.com.