H2Swift Summer Rec Registration 18
H2Swift Summer Swim Team
Boerne Summer Recreational Team 2018
May 15th - July 30th
Registration Closes May 28th or when the team is full.
The H2Swift Summer Recreational Swim Team is a youth recreational league for kids to learn about the sport of swimming. This league is designed for kids to develop a love for swimming and all of the great lessons that it will instill in your kids such as..
- Improve all 4 strokes.
- Increase stamina. (This is important for all sports.)
- Instill self-discipline.
- Learn about teamwork.
- Make lifetime friends!
We encourage all ability levels to join us for the Boerne Barracuda Youth Recreational League. All participants must...
- Be 5-18 years of age. (A copy of the birth certificate is required.)
- Must pass try-outs
- Dates of Mandatory
April 2018 Wednesday 18th 6:15 PM Saturday 21st After Stroke Clinic Wednesday 25th 6:15 PMrescheduled Saturday 28th After Stroke Clinic Thursday 10th Makeup: May 10th @ 6:00
- You must attend one of the above dates for tryouts to be admitted onto the team by a coach.
- You do not need to register for tryouts. Just show up to your desired date.
- Dates of Mandatory Tryouts
- Must not have any fear of water.
- Must participate in at least two team scheduled meets. See the Schedule Here.
- Must participate in all TAAF swim meets. Saturday, July 14th & July 26th - 29th See the Schedule Here.
- To be eligible for TAAF meets,
- Participants may not have competed with an organization, or perpetual year-round swimming program from January 1, 2018 through April 30, 2018.
- Must be eager to learn new skills and be a positive role model in a team setting.
H2Swift Boerne will have new training levels this year. These training levels will assure a productive practice for everyone in the pool. These levels will be assed tryouts. Please review the new training levels below. You must receive a training level assignment before registering for the team. Your registration will not be confirmed until a tryout and assignment have been successfully completed.
- Level 1 -The swimmer must be able to swim, with confidence, from one side of the pool to the other. (25 meters) It does not have to be legal, but they need to demonstrate basic knowledge of swimming including floating on their stomach and backs.
- Level 2 - This swimmer is legal in Freestyle. They must be comfortable swimming at least two links of the pool. (50 meters) The swimmer does not have to have a legal backstroke, but must demonstrate basic knowledge of the stroke.
- Level 3 - This swimmer is legal in Freestyle, Backstroke. and demonstrate basic knowledge of Butterfly. The swimmer must be comfortable swimming four links of the pool. (100 meters)
- Level 4 - The swimmer must be legal in Freestyle, Backstroke, Butterfly, and demonstrate basic knowledge of Breaststroke. The Breaststroke does not have to be legal, but the swimmer must demonstrate the skill set for developing a legal stroke in the first month of training. The swimmer must be able to comfortable swim eight links of the pool. (200 meters)
*Coaches have the final say in which group a swimmer will be eligible for.
*If you have multiple children, they may not all be in the same level. There will be no mixing of training groups. Please be sure to go over your schedule and the training times to assure a successful season.
All practices are held at the Boerne city pool. 106 Park Road, Boerne Texas
All practices are Tuesday - Friday.
|Level 1||4:00 - 4:45 PM|
|Level 2 & 3||4:30 - 5:30 PM|
|Level 4||5:30 - 6:30 PM|
|Level 1||7:15 - 8:00 AM||35|
|Level 2||7:45 - 8:45 AM||50|
|Level 3||8:30 - 10:00 AM||50|
|Level 4||9:15 - 10:45 AM||50|
*These times are subject to change. The website will be updated with any changes.
All swimmers are required to participate in all meets. The are an important part of the team participation and learning blocks for a swimmer. Parents are also required to volunteer to help with practice and swim meets. More about this will be provided at registration.
|Saturday, May 26th||I Can.||Boerne|
|Saturday, June 9th||Can-Do-Pentathlon *||New Braunfels|
|Saturday, June 16th||Rock & Splash||Boerne|
|Saturday, July 7th||Regional Last Chance 18||Boerne|
|Saturday, July 14th||TAAF Regional Championships *||New Braunfels|
|July 26th - 29th||TAAF State Games *||College Station A&M|
*Some meets do require a meet fee for entry into the meet. This can range from $5-$10 per event.*
The H2Swift summer recreation team is a very popular sport during the summer. Please take note of the registration dates. Once the team is full, we will be closing registration. If the registration is closed, please email Coach Blaine to get your name on the waiting list. Spots will be given in order of registration and tryout confirmation.
Resident Registration will open April 23rd - $150 for the first child; $100 for each additional child.
*Proof of city residence will be required before registration can be confirmed.*
Non-Resident Registration will open April 30th - $200 for first child; $150 for each additional child.
Registration will remain open until the team is full.