Winter Water Polo Practice
This winter is for practice. There will not be any games until the spring season starts. This is to allow your player/swimmer to keep up the polo skills.
Polo coaches are encouraging polo players to also swim. They have noticed a huge inprovament in polo players endurance during games. It is not a requirement but highly encouraged.
There will be 3 options for water polo winter practice
1. Water Polo Only: This is the option for polo players who only want to practice and do not want to add swimming. This option is $65 for winter.
2. Water polo w/ 1 day of swimming per week: This will allow players to practice polo and help start them with swimming. The polo players may come on Mondays or Wednesday to swim. They will need to get approval from a swim coach for the group they can swim with. This option is $120 for Dec-Feb
3. Water Polo with Eagles Swimming: This option allows players to practice polo ans swim up to 5 days per week. This group must also have a USA swim membership. Many of our polo payers are already in this group. There will be a discounted rate of $15 per month for swimmers who are also practicing with polo. This will be credited to your account at the end of each month before the next month charges for swimming. This option is $65 for the winter polo practice plus monthly swim dues, (75 for novice, $80 for juniors and $85 for seniors with the account credit).
To register for water polo you will need an account with the Eagle Aquatic Team. IF you are planning on swimming with Eagle Aquatics please select your swimmers group (novice, junior, senior or national). If you are only playing water polo you will need to register for the Water Polo Only registration group and then register for this event to be charged.
Winter Practices will run from December 2nd to the end of February.
- 13 and unders or for first year players: Mondays at Skyline from 6:30-7:30 pm
- 14 and Over: Thursdays at Don Reddish Pool at the U from 6:30-8:00
You must have a current USA water Polo membership to plractice with Skyline. A Bronze level ($40) membership is all that is needed to play, but you can upgrade the membership later if you would like. These memberships are valid for 1 year. When you register for your USA Water Polo membership register under the Utah East Side Club. Visit the USA Water Polo Website to register.
You must also upload a photo to your swimmers account on the USA water polo website and do a birth date verification.
You can come try water polo, one time, at any time at no cost to you.