Cardinal Christmas Classic (USAS)
MEET: 2021 Cardinal Christmas Classic
DATE: December 3-5, 2021
LOCATION: Ralph Wright Natatorium, Louisville, KY
DEADLINE to DECLARE (updated): Tuesday, November 9th
ENTRY FEES: $5.50 per individual timed final event; $7.00 per individual prelim/final event; $22.50 per swimmer surcharge
MEET FORMAT: Prelim/Final for 11-overs; Timed finals for 10-unders
- Friday (1650) 1:00pm; Timed final session 4:00 pm
- Saturday/Sunday Prelims (13-over); 6:30 am; (12-under) immediately following AM session
- Finals (all times are approximate) - Saturday 5:00 pm; Sunday 4:30 pm
- Friday (1650) 2:00 pm; Timed final session 5:00 pm
- Saturday Prelims (13-over) 8:00 am; (12-unders) following the 30 minute warm up period
- Finals (times are approximate) - Saturday 6:00 pm; Sunday 5:30 pm
- This is a USA Meet. All swimmers must be a USA Swimming registered athlete to attend.
- Age of swimmer is determined by the first day of the meet.
- Team will send 1 coach if 6 swimmers attend; 2 coaches if 12+ swimmers attend. In the event a coach is not attending, arrangements will be made with a coach from another team attending to assist the Kraken swimmers.
- This will be the team mid-season focus meet which means swimmer will rest and shave (for appropriate age groups).
- This is prelim/final meet!! We have had great success at this meet in years past and are looking forward to continuing that tradition. Swimmers who make finals should plan to participate in each finals race on Saturday and Sunday.
- All Friday events are timed finals (swim them once). All 10-under events are timed finals (swim them once). All relays are timed finals (swim them once). All 11-over events are prelim-finals (those who qualify for finals will swim the event again at night!!). For the 11-12 and 13-14 age groups there will be 2 final heats (consolation - finals). For the open age group there will be 3 final heats (bonus - consolation - finals).
- 11-12, 13-14, and Open will be limited to 3 events per day plus 1 relay. 10-under events will be limited to 4 events per day.
- Teams will be assigned to lanes for warm up based on the number of swimmers entered. Depending on the number of entries, two warm up sessions may be necessary. A warm up schedule will be sent to the coaches prior to the meet.
- Meet information and event file are posted.
- If relays are offered, coaches will announce relay teams after warm up.
- If you are interested, please talk with your swimmer’s coach!