2019 Spring Swim Academy Session
SWIM ACADEMY ~ Presented by Blue Eagle Swim Team
Swim Academy Director Coach Jason Reinhard
The registration for SPRING SWIM ACADEMY is now open
Please read through this page for details about Swim Academy and click the link at the bottom to register. If you haven't reached out to BLUE yet and have not had your swimmer evaluated,
2019 Spring Session - 4/2/2019 through 5/30/2019
Dates: There are 8 class dates through
the session (one per week):
- Tuesday Class: 4/2, 4/9, 4/16, 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21
- Wednesday Class: 4/3, 4/10, 4/17, 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/15, 5/29
- Thursday Class: 4/4, 4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23
- Each day, Tuesday,
Wednesday and Thursday, there are (2) class time
- 535pm - 605pm
- 610pm - 640pm
- Each day, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, there are (2) class time options:
ABOUT BLUE SWIM ACADEMY: Swim Academy is not your normal lessons program. Our courses are designed to teach individuals competitive swimming skills in a non-competitive environment meaning we will focus on developing skills necessary to participate in the sport of competitive swimming without requiring meet participation. The system is designed to impart maximum skill development at your child’s own pace. We know your time is important, so our short instruction times mean there is no wasted time for you or your child. Our small class sizes allow your child to receive more individualized focus from their instructors. At the conclusion of your child’s time in the program they will have the skills necessary to join Blue Eagle Swimming Age Group programming if they decide to continue into the sport of competitive swimming. Others may not have the desire to compete and may continue to advance in Swim Academy to simply perfect a life long skill.
Where does this all take place:
Nazareth Middle School Natatorium, 94 Freidenstahl Ave, Nazareth PA 18064.
Enter Doors K. Pool is through double glass doors to your right. Parents not permitted on pool deck. Please be seated in bleachers.
Who is Swim Academy for:
Generally age 4 years up to age 12 years.
Anyone age 13 and up, please inquire and we will work with these middle school/high school age students to create an environment where they can work with others their own age to learn more about the sport. They will not be placed with little kids.
Class Prerequisite: As Swim Academy is not your traditional lessons program, each child needs to meet certain safety criteria before registering. Can your child enter the water without adult assistance? Is your child able to submerge their face in the water without fear? Can your child tread water without assistance for a minimal amount of time? Are they comfortable wearing goggles that do not cover the nose? Is your child comfortable floating on their back with assistance? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please feel free to inquire and register for a class!
Class grouped by Skill Level
Level 1 – Introduction to Competitive Swimming
Let’s start with
the basics; a very good place to start! Children will learn
skills that serve as the foundation to becoming a competitive
swimmer. Course instruction focuses on proper body positioning
in the water as well as lower body propulsion. (This level can be
bypassed with Director’s approval).
Level 2 – Backstroke Foundations
Most children are more comfortable in the water on their back as the fear of breathing is removed and we use this to our advantage! Your child will continue to focus on the foundations taught in the previous course as they are introduced to new skills involving less flotation assistance and more of their own body strength. Upper body propulsion is first introduced here in a free breathing environment.
Level 3 – Freestyle Development
Time to teach your child how to swim on their stomach! At this point your child will be more comfortable and confident in the water and that is what swimming is all about. They will be challenged now to push themselves differently than before as we introduce breath control and freestyle propulsion skills which involve them being free of flotation devices for support.
Fee per/Session: payable in full at time of OnLine Registration
- Blue Annual 2018-2019
Admin Fee $15
- once per swimmer per year
- 1x per year you receive a Swim Academy swim cap. Extra caps needed are an additional $6/cap.
- Non-NASD Resident $150 for the 8 class session
Resident $120 for the 8 class session
- NASD Residents must use a Discount Code during their registration to receive the $30 savings
- Fees are not pro-rated and non-refundable after the 1st class
- The number of participants in each class is limited, allowing the benefit of low Coach to Swimmer ratios. Once the Maximum number of participants is reached, that Class Time/Level will close.
- You are permitted to register for more than one class (day/time). However, these are considered two separate registrations and a separate fee is applied for each class.
- Makeup classes due to vacation or sickness are offered . Please be sure to contact us if you miss a class. You must attend the class (day/time) in which you register for the 8 weeks of the session. If extenuating circumstances arise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- The NASD pool rules require swimmers to exit the pool immediately upon the detection of thunder or lightning. Return to the pool is permitted 40 min after the last rumble/flash.
- BLUE will do everything in our power to reschedule a class canceled due to weather or NASD facility operational issues.
NOTE: Pool availability is based on NASD Facility Dept's usage. If NASD notifies BLUE of a facility change that impacts Swim Academy practice, please understand that this is beyond the control of BLUE. BLUE will communicate to you ASAP via email if that should occur.
firstname.lastname@example.org with general program questions, registration/computer issues
email@example.com with questions about your enrolled swimmer