Swim Academy 2018
SWIM ACADEMY 2018 " June & July 2018 Summer Session"
Presented by Blue Eagle Swim Team
CLICK HERE to contact Registrar for LINK to register. Do not go to pool until you receive confirmatoin that your online registration is completed.
What : ABOUT BLUE SWIM ACADEMY: Swim Academy is not your normal lessons program. Our courses are designed to teach individuals competitive swimming skills in a non-competitive environment: meaning we will focus on developing skills necessary to participate in the sport of competitive swimming without requiring meet participation. The system is designed to impart maximum skill development at your child’s own pace. We know your time is important, so our short instruction times mean there is no wasted time for you or your child. Designed to keep your child's interest while still teaching them valuable skills, our small class sizes allow your child to receive more individualized focus from their instructors. At the conclusion of your child’s time in the program they will have the skills necessary to join Blue Eagle Swimming Age Group programming if they decide to continue their advancement in the sport.
Daytime Practice @ Nazareth Middle School Natatorium, 94 Freidenstahl Ave, Nazareth PA 18064. Enter Doors K. Pool is through double glass doors to your right. Parents not permitted on pool deck. Please be seated in bleachers.
Evening Practice @ Heil Pool , Easton. Outdoor Pool. Parents please be seated in pavillion.
Who : Open to swimmers up to age 13 yr old.
Class Pre-Requisite: As Swim Academy is not your traditional lessons program, each child needs to meet certain safety criteria before registering. Can your child enter the water without adult assistance? Is your child able to submerge their face in the water without fear? Can your child tread water without assistance for a minimal amount of time? Are they comfortable wearing goggles that do not cover the nose? Is your child comfortable floating on their back with assistance? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please feel free to inquire and register for a class! If you have any hesitations, please ask a program director about our introduction to the pool course.
"June & July 2018 Summer Session" :
1. Re-registration is required to attend June & July Summer Session. Registrar will provide you the OnLine Registration (OLR) link. Inquire HERE for Registrar to contact you.
2. "June & July Summer Session" runs June 9th through Aug 1st.
a) Class-Dates: There are 8 class dates (one per week):
Saturday June 9th (this is only Saturday practice for June-July)
Wednesdays June 13th, 20th, 27th. July 11th, 18th, 25th. August 1st. (No class on 7/4)
b) Class-Time - Select one slot time to attend for all your classes in Summer Session:
- 12:30pm to 1:00pm
- 1:10pm to 1:40pm
- 1:50pm to 2:20pm
- 7:00pm to 7:30pm
- 7:40pm- to 8:10pm
W e've added a Monday class @ 12:30pm only. All levels 1, 2, 3 ( see below) Dates: S at 6/9 Monday 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30.
or click HERE to reach SA Calendar on this website (or click above 'Practice Groups' Tab)
3. Class Skill Level- now grouped by Skill-Level instead of by age-level as done in past. Each Skill- Level Class is offered in each afternoon Class-Time (only Level 1 in evening)
- Level 1
Introduction to Competitive Swimming
Let’s start at the very beginning, a very good place to start! Children will learn skills that serve as the foundation to becoming a competitive swimmer. Course instruction focuses on proper body positioning in the water as well as lower body propulsion. (This level can be bypassed with Director’s approval).
- Level 2
Most children are more comfortable in the water on their back as the fear of breathing is removed, and we use this to our advantage! Your child will continue to focus on the foundations taught in the previous course as they are introduced to new skills involving less flotation assistance and more of their own body strength. Upper body propulsion is first introduced here in a free breathing environment.
- Level 3
Time to teach your child how to swim on their stomach! At this point your child will be more comfortable and confident in the water, and that is what swimming is all about. They will be challenged now to push themselves differently than before as we introduce breath control and freestyle propulsion skills which involve them being free of flotation devices for support.
Upon completion of this course your child is now eligible to join our youngest USA program in Blue Eagle Swimming. Thats a big accomplishment!
4. Fees for Summer Session: payable in full at time of OnLine Registration. No longer auto-invoiced monthly.
- Blue Annual Admin Fee $15
- pay only once per swimmer in each BLUE ‘year’ (Sep'17-Aug'18)
- Non-NASD Resident- $100 for the 8 class/week summer session
- NASD Resident- $60 per for the 8 class/week summer session
- Registrar will provide you a Discount Code for OLR
- Class Fee includes one Swim Academy Swim Cap per BLUE ‘year’.
5 . "fine print":
- You are permitted to register for more than one class (day/time)example: Mon 12:30 L1 and Wed 12:20 L1. However these are considered two separate registrations and separate fee is applied for each class.
- Makeup classes due to vacation or sickness are not offered . You must attend the class (day/time) in which you register, for the 8 weeks of the session. If extenuating circumstances, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- NASD and Heil pool require swimmers exit the pool immediately upon the detection of thunder or lightening. Return to the pool is permitted 40 min after the last rumble/flash.
- BLUE will do everything in our power to reschedule a class cancelled due to weather or facility operational issues, on a day/time that will accomodate the majority of participants.
- Fees are not pro-rated. No refunds after 6/18/18.
UPDATE: As of 6/12/18: Classes will be held as scheduled. Your swimmers are to attend the class you registered them for (See the auto-invoice you received as confirmation of your online registration). Minimum number of participants must be reached for Class-Times to be held.
IF not reached by June 8th,
we will contact/notify you individually to consolidate Class-Times.
NOTE: Pool availability is based on NASD and Heil Facility usage. If NASD/Heil notifies BLUE of a facility change that impacts Swim Academy practice time, please understand that this is beyond the control of BLUE. BLUE will communicate to you a.s.a.p if that should occur.
CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org with registration questions
email@example.com with technical questions.