Swim Academy Winter 2019 Session
Presented by Blue Eagle Swim Team
Swim Academy Director Coach Jason Reinhard
Thank you to all who inquired for the Winter 2019 Swim Academy session.
The registration for this session is now closed.
for the SPRING SESSION running April - May or the SUMMER SESSION running June-July
Dates are being confirmed and will be posted as soon as they become available.
Winter 2019 Session - 1/2/2019 through 3/9/2019
a) Class-Dates: There are 8 class dates (one per week):
- Wednesday Class: Jan 2, 9, 16, 23, 30. Feb. 6, 13, 20.
- Saturday Class: Jan 5,
12, 19, 26 . Feb 2, 16. 23 Mar 9, 16.
- UPDATE : There will be no SA practice on Saturday 1/12 due to NASD use of the pool. March 16th will be added as 8th date.
Wednesday Class Times:
- 5:00 to 5:30 pm
- 5:35 to 6:05 pm
Saturday Class Times:
- 12:00pm to 12:30pm
- 12:35pm to 1:05pm
ABOUT BLUE SWIM ACADEMY: Swim Academy is not your normal lessons program. Our courses are designed to teach individuals competitive swimming skills in a non-competitive environment: meaning we will focus on developing skills necessary to participate in the sport of competitive swimming without requiring meet participation. The system is designed to impart maximum skill development at your child’s own pace. We know your time is important, so our short instruction times mean there is no wasted time for you or your child. Designed to keep your child's interest while still teaching them valuable skills, our small class sizes allow your child to receive more individualized focus from their instructors. At the conclusion of your child’s time in the program they will have the skills necessary to join Blue Eagle Swimming Age Group programming if they decide to continue into the sport of competitive swimming. Others may not have the desire to compete, and may continue to advance in Swim Academy to simply perfect a life long skill.
Where : Nazareth Middle School Natatorium, 94 Freidenstahl Ave, Nazareth PA 18064.
Enter Doors K. Pool is through double glass doors to your right. Parents not permitted on pool deck. Please be seated in bleachers.
Who : Open to swimmers generally age 4yr up to age 13 yr old. Beginners to those looking to fine tune.
Class Pre-Requisite: As Swim Academy is not your traditional lessons program, each child needs to meet certain safety criteria before registering. Can your child enter the water without adult assistance? Is your child able to submerge their face in the water without fear? Can your child tread water without assistance for a minimal amount of time? Are they comfortable wearing goggles that do not cover the nose? Is your child comfortable floating on their back with assistance? If you answered yes to all of these questions, please feel free to inquire and register for a class! If you have any hesitations, please ask a program director about our introduction to the pool course.
Class grouped by Skill Level
Level 1 – Introduction to Competitive Swimming -
Let’s start at the
very beginning, a very good place to start! Children will
learn skills that serve as the foundation to becoming a competitive
swimmer. Course instruction focuses on proper body
positioning in the water as well as lower body propulsion. (This
level can be bypassed with Director’s
Level 2 – Backstroke Foundations -
Most children are more comfortable in the water on their back as the fear of breathing is removed, and we use this to our advantage! Your child will continue to focus on the foundations taught in the previous course as they are introduced to new skills involving less flotation assistance and more of their own body strength. Upper body propulsion is first introduced here in a free breathing environment.
Level 3 – Freestyle Development -
Time to teach your child how to swim on their stomach! At this point your child will be more comfortable and confident in the water, and that is whatswimming is all about. They will be challenged now to push themselves differently than before as we introduce breath control and freestyle propulsion skills which involve them being free of flotation devices for support.
Fee per/Session: payable in full at time of OnLine Registration.
Blue Annual 2018-'19 Admin
- once per swimmer in each BLUE ‘year’ (Sep'18-Aug'19). charged in first enrollment.
- Non-NASD Resident- $150 for the 8 class/week Session
- NASD Resident- $120 for the 8 class/week Session
- Registrar will provide NASD Residents a Discount Code for OLR
- Class Fee includes one Swim Academy Swim Cap per BLUE ‘year’ (Sept '18-Aug'19).
- Fees are not pro-rated and non-refundable after the 1st class.
- The number of participants in each class is limited, allowing the benefit of low Coach to Swimmer rations. Once the Maximum number of participants is reached, that Class Time/Level will Close.
- You are permitted to register for more than one class (day/time). However these are considered two separate registrations and separate fee is applied for each class.
- Makeup classes due to vacation or sickness are not offered . You must attend the class (day/time) in which you register, for the 8 weeks of the session. If extenuating circumstances, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- NASD pool require swimmers exit the pool immediately upon the detection of thunder or lightening. Return to the pool is permitted 40 min after the last rumble/flash.
- BLUE will do everything in our power to reschedule a class cancelled due to weather or NASD facility operational issues.
NOTE: Pool availability is based on NASD Facility Dept's usage. If NASD notifies BLUE of a facility change that impacts Swim Academy practice, please understand that this is beyond the control of BLUE. BLUE will communicate to you a.s.a.p via email if that should occur.
MANAGER@blueeagleswimteam.org with Registration/Computer issues
and email@example.com with technical questions