CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 UPDATE: Wellesley facility open while Harvard facility remains closed for remainder of 2020. Due to limited capacity, all swimmers interested in reactivating or registering to become a member will be placed on a waitlist while we monitor membership capacity.
If you'd like to be added to the waitlist, please contact Head Coach Scott.
What do I do if I'm interested in swimming with the club?
Swimmers that are interested in swimming at the club must either reactivate their membership (if they were a member prior to shut down) or register as a member. If you have ever been a member (recently or in the past), the deadline to reactivate has passed. Due to limited capacity, any requests to reactivate must be directed at Head Coach Scott to be placed on a waitlist. Similarly, for those interested in registering to become a member please contact Head Coach Scott to be placed on a waitlist. Again, we are closely watching membership capacity to ensure that we can safely offer those with reactivated/active memberships practice space, letting in folks off the waitlist when we are able to accommodate them.
Are you offering drop in swimming or only memberships?
At this time, due to concerns related to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and to maintain a safe environment, we are purposefully not allowing drop-in swims. By keeping practices to only members, we are able to better control who is attending practice, allowing us to maintain a safe environment for our swimmers. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you understand.
What added safety precautions are being taken?
We at Charles River Aquatics have been and will be doing all we can to offer quality practices while keeping our swimmers/staff as safe as possible, aligning our policies with those of the CDC and the local Health Department. Our staff is in communication frequently as the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid pace. Currently, we have the following steps in place to promote a safe environment for our swimmers...
- Practice Sign Ups: To limit the number of swimmers at a practice, attendance is on a sign up basis only, which is provided in advance to members on a weekly basis
- Lane Spacing: Swimmers will be put two per lane, one at each end, pairing swimmers of like speeds to reduce lapping and interaction
- Arrival/Entrance: Swimmers will be asked to arrive wearing masks and will undergo a temperature check before admission - masks must remain on when not in the pool
- Locker Rooms and Showers: Swimmers will be asked to arrive already dressed in their swim suits as locker rooms and locker room showers are closed
- Pool Deck and Spacing: Deck traffic has been limited to one way and spaces for swimmers to leave their belongings have been marked in 6ft intervals
- Sanitization: Surfaces in and around the pool are sanitized regularly by staff to ensure conditions remain safe
Experience a Walk Through!
For a first person perspective of the facility, including entrance, check in/temperature check, bag drop, pool entry and exit, click here.
Who can I contact if I have a question?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Coach Scott directly. We hope you understand how difficult it is to make decisions at this time and appreciate your understanding ni this every changing situation. For those of you still able to swim on your own (although we strongly encourage social distancing as much as possible), practices will still be made available daily on our app, Swim Workouts To Go, available on iPhone or iPad. Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep washing those hands!