August 1, 2020
Dear PGBSC Members,
As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, the Prince George Barracuda Swim Club (PGBSC) has been working with Swim BC to understand the recommendations our Chief Provincial Health Officer and how they best apply within our sport and club environment.
The attached Return to Swimming plan (RTS, see COVID-19 tab above) has been developed for our club in order to ensure that:
- health and safety of all individuals is a priority;
- activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations;
- modifications to activities are in place in order to reduce the risks to each or our swimmers;
- our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province.
While we do hope things will return to normal soon, currently this RTS plan will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
If you choose to participate, you must follow these rules:
- If you do not feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home;
- If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at a practice until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days;
- If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID- 19, you must stay home;
- Wear your suit to practice (no changing at the pool);
- Wash your hands before participating;
- Bring your own equipment, water bottle and hand sanitizer;
- Comply with physical distancing measures at all time;
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.;
- Leave the facility as quickly as possible after you finish.
Our RTS plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, while the virus circulates in our communities it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must consider your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you.
Should you choose to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Swimming Plan.
Dr. Kerim Ozcan,
PGBSC President on behalf of the Executive