Central Zone is one of the four zones of USA Swimming. The Local Swimming Committees that are part of the Central Zone are Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Lake Erie, Michigan, Midwestern, Minnesota, Missouri Valley, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ozark, South Dakota and Wisconsin.
It is the responsibility of the Central Zone
1. To generally aid and assist USA Swimming in the promotion, development and conduct of swimming in the United States.
2. To aid and assist in the distribution of information from USA Swimming to the Local Swimming Committees (LSCs) within its assigned territory.
3. To aid and assist USA Swimming in the coordination of the administrative responsibilities of the LSCs within the assigned territory.
4. To conduct an annual 14 & Under Age Group Championship meet or meets as determined by the Zone, recommended to be long course. (Interested in hosting a CZ Meet? check Documents / CZ Manual)
5. To facilitate the conduct of Sectional competitions within the assigned territory.
The Central Zone website is designed to keep the member LSCs informed of events within the Central Zone territory, to communicate current information to LSCs and clubs within the Central Zone territory, and to be a repository of current and past information which pertain to the business of the Central Zone.