CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 UPDATE: Wellesley facility to open in Phase 3 while Harvard facility remains closed.
At this time, we will be reopening our Wellesley facility in Phase 3 of reopening, while our Harvard location remains shut down. For more information, please read below.
What do I do if I'm interested in swimming with the club?
Swimmers that are interested in swimming at the club must either reactivate their membership or register as a member. If you have ever been a member (recently or in the past), you can reactivate by clicking here to sign the necessary forms and select your membership type. Those who have not swam with us before can sign up for membership here.
Are you offering drop in swimming or only memberships?
At this time, due to concerns related to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and to maintain a safe environment, we are purposefully not allowing drop-in swims. By keeping practices to only members, we are able to better control who is attending practice, allowing us to maintain a safe environment for our swimmers. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you understand.
What added safety precautions are being taken?
We at Charles River Aquatics have been and will be doing all we can to offer quality practices while keeping our swimmers/staff as safe as possible, aligning our policies with those of the CDC and the local Health Department. Our staff is in communication frequently as the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation evolves at a rapid pace. Currently, we have the following steps in place to promote a safe environment for our swimmers...
- Practice Sign Ups: To limit the number of swimmers at a practice, attendance is on a sign up basis only, which is provided in advance to members on a weekly basis
- Lane Spacing: Swimmers will be put two per lane, one at each end, pairing swimmers of like speeds to reduce lapping and interaction
- Arrival/Entrance: Swimmers will be asked to arrive wearing masks and will undergo a temperature check before admission - masks must remain on when not in the pool
- Locker Rooms and Showers: Swimmers will be asked to arrive already dressed in their swim suits as locker rooms and locker room showers are closed
- Pool Deck and Spacing: Deck traffic has been limited to one way and spaces for swimmers to leave their belongings have been marked in 6ft intervals
- Sanitization: Surfaces in and around the pool are sanitized regularly by staff to ensure conditions remain safe
Experience a Walk Through!
For a first person perspective of the facility, including entrance, check in/temperature check, bag drop, pool entry and exit, click here.
Who can I contact if I have a question?
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Coach Scott directly. We hope you understand how difficult it is to make decisions at this time and appreciate your understanding ni this every changing situation. For those of you still able to swim on your own (although we strongly encourage social distancing as much as possible), practices will still be made available daily on our app, Swim Workouts To Go, available on iPhone or iPad. Stay safe, stay healthy, and keep washing those hands!