Registration Update: May 31,2021: We were able to raise our cap to 105 and we cleared our wait list. We have a full roster at our current cap of 105 swimmers. If you try to register at this point the system will notify you that there are not any openings.
Please send us an email through our website if you would like to go on our wait list
What’s New Wahoo’s!
Welcome to the 2021 Summer Swim Season!!!
Team Leadership was granted permission by the Community HOA to have a 2021 summer swim season in April 2021. Our goal was to have the kids get in the pool with their Wahoos Teammates this summer- to have fun as a Team. The HOA has determined that the Team may only access the pool during non-pool hours. As a result, the 2021 Summer Swim Season will be a shortened season.
Many teams in FSSL are facing challenges of having a summer swim season so the competition schedule will be quite different than in previous years. Once we know what our meet schedule will be, we will post the updates on our webpage.
We will be welcoming the swimmers to the pool deck on the first day of summer break-currently this day will be on Friday, June 18th, 2021.
We are excited that our head coach from 2019, Kathy Capron, is returning as our Head Coach! And we are so pleased to announce we have two Assistant Coaches- Abby Carr and Ben Steinheimer!
2021 will be a different Summer Swim Season!
Use of the Windsor Knolls Pool:
• The Wahoos will only be able to occupy the pool during the hours that the pool is closed to the community. The pool will be opening to the community one hour earlier than in previous years, so the Team must be finished and vacate the pool area by 11am.
• Practices will begin at 8am and meets will begin at 7am. There will be no meet on Saturday, July 3rd, 2021.
• All meets will be held at our home pool in what is termed Virtual Meets. The Team will not be traveling to any other community pools nor will any other community teams come to our home pool. Meets will be held on Saturday mornings and will run from 7:00am to 11:00am. We will have to be cleaned up and out of the pool area by 11:00am when the pool opens to the community.
• We will not have any evening practices at any time during the 2021 Summer Swim Season.
• The team will be following the most up to date Health and Safety Guidelines and Restrictions related to COVID-19 at all times during the 2021 Season.
• Attendance will be taken at every practice to account for Contact Tracing in the event a COVID positive case is reported to the Team.
• There will be strict guidelines regarding capacity within the pool area that the Team must follow. At this time, we are limited to no more than 84 persons inside the pool area. We hope that the capacity limits will be raised as we get closer to summer.
• Swimmers will not be required to wear a Wahoos swimsuit for meets this summer. We ask that all female swimmers wear a one-piece suit and male swimmers wear jammers or brief suit.
• Swimmers will be provided a complimentary Wahoos Swim Cap on the first day they practice. Additional caps will be available for purchase throughout the season.
• Registration fees have been reduced to reflect a shortened season. There will not be a volunteer deposit collected this year. The FSSL Fee and Transaction Fee remain the same.
• Our roster will be capped at 100 swimmers. Registration will open to returning families on May 15th, 2021 and open to new families on May 22nd, 2021. We will have a wait list for any swimmers/families that register after we have reached our limit of 100 swimmers. When you register your swimmers, please register all swimmers in your family at one time. We cannot guarantee that a swimmer will have a slot on the team if you wait to register later.
• For the 2021 Summer Swim Season, FSSL has granted a special exception! Any swimmer can swim that is age 19 or under as of June 1st! This is to allow those swimmers who would have had their final swim season in 2020 which was cancelled because of the COVID pandemic.
• The Junior Coach Program will be utilized this summer. All interested swimmers ages 12 and older should fill out the Junior Coach Application that can be found on the website. Applications will be due by the first day of practice. The Team Coaches will determine which applicants will be granted a Junior Coach position.
• If accepted, each Junior Coach will be required to sign a Junior Coach Contract and fill out their attendance sheets.
• Hours will be tabulated at the end of the season and provided to each Junior Coach to submit for community service hour requirements with their school.
• Practice groups will be determined as we get closer to the first practice. You will be contacted prior to the first practice with the time for your swimmer’s practice and additional guidance for protocols during practices and meets. Because we will only be having morning practices, we anticipate that practices will begin around 8am but we must be finished and out of the pool area by 11:00am. The exact times of each practice group will be determined after registration.
• Unfortunately, due to the limitations this year, we will not be able to have the Wahoos Swim School this summer. We hope to bring back the lesson program in future seasons.
• All meets will be held at our home pool in what is termed Virtual Meets. The Team will not be traveling to any other community pools nor will any other community teams come to our home pool.
• The 2021 FSSL Meet Schedule, scoring system, and ribbons are still being determined.
• There will not be Divisional nor an All Stars Meet this summer.
• Meets will be held on Saturday mornings and will run from 7:00am to 11:00am. We will have to be cleaned up and out of the pool area by 11:00am when the pool opens to the community.
• There will be no concessions at meets this year.
• With current restrictions, families will not be able to set up tents or congregate inside the pool area.
• Due to the current limits of number of persons permitted inside the pool area at any given time, guidelines on how spectators will have access to watching their swimmers’ events will be determined as the season draws closer. We anticipate that families will be able to watch their swimmers compete, but we cannot determine the parameters at this time.
• Volunteers will still be needed to help run meets, but the number of volunteer positions will be reduced significantly from past years. We anticipate needing Timers, Starter/Referee, Stroke and Turn officials, Clerk of Course and Safety Marshalls. We will need help with set up and tear down as well. One way to make sure you can watch your swimmer will be to volunteer- There will be no minimum requirement or limit on volunteer hours.
• The Team will not be participating in any external meets this summer. We hope to be invited to the Relay Carnival, The Lollipop Meet and Clarksburg in the future.
Team Spirit and Fundraising:
• We will not be able to have any Spirit events this summer as they would usually occur during the evening. In the past, we have had Dinner on Deck nights and pep rallies the evening before our Home Meets. We also will not be able to have our end of season banquet this summer. We hope to bring these fun events back in future seasons.
• We will not be having Team Photos this summer.
• We do hope to have some community fundraising opportunities such as a dinner night at Chipotle and Manhattan Pizza and donuts by the dozen from Krispy Kreme! More details will be announced as the season comes closer.
As guidance and requirements change over the next several months, the team will be making adjustments as well. Everything is subject to change. We want to provide the best environment for our swimmers to improve their swim techniques, compete with their teammates and friends, and most important of all – HAVE FUN!!!