WHAT Flex Membership
Open for Returning Members
10/3/18 - 6/28/19
Open for New Members
10/3/18 - 6/28/19
Please Read Registration Materials in their Entirety.
- Welcome to the Woodland Hills Aquatic Team Electronic Registration platform for our upcoming swim season! We are pleased to offer electronic payment processing and registration. The process is simple for both new and returning members. You'll get access to your own private account that will enable you to easily declare for swim meets, see your children's swim time histories, maintain your own contact information, and more. We look forward to having you join the Woodland Hills Aquatic Team and are excited for another great season!
Which Level is My Swimmer?
- If you are a new team member, please contact Coach Danny to set up an evaluation prior to registering for the team.
- FlexTeam Dues: Dues for the Flex Plan are $55/month regardless of the roster group to which your child is assigned. $55 will be billed at registration, then monthly on the 1st of the month. The flex plan allows you to swim two practices per week - either Monday/Wednesday or Wednesday/Friday - and attend two swim meets per year. Please select the two-day option that works best for you.
- USA Swimming Athlete Registration Fee: Allegheny Mountain Swimming/USA Swimming requires an Athlete Registration Fee of $20 per swimmer for Flex Membership. This fee provides swimmers many benefits such as excess accident and liability coverage (effective immediately upon registration with AMS and continuing for one year from registration date). This fee is required, non-refundable, and due at the time of registration. If you are already a registered USA swimming member, your new USA swimming registration will be processed in late December (you are covered until December 31). If you are not yet a USA Swimming member, your USAS registration will be processed right away. Your 2 swim meet limit begins when your USA Swimming Registration is processed.
- WHAT Team Registration Fee: A $40 administrative fee will be charged per family for the flex plan. This fee is required, non-refundable and is due at the time of registration.
- Swim Cap Fee (Optional): If desired, WHAT will provide two custom swim caps with the WHAT logo for each swimmer at a cost of $16. Personalized caps are no longer available for the season. You may order these when you register and it will be automatically charged to your account.
- Volunteer Fee (See Volunteer Fee Policy): A $200.00 Volunteer Fee and a $50 Volunteer Food Donation Fee must be paid at the time of registration (by two separate checks made payable to WHAT). This is separate from the registration credit card or check payment. In order to keep our fees reasonable, the team hosts two meets during the short course season. Our two home meets this season will be held October 13-14, 2018 and January 19-20, 2019. These meets, which are a critical source of revenue for the team, require a time commitment and food donations from each family. We hold a family’s volunteer checks until after the second meet. Families are required to work a minimum of 5 meet sessions (with no more than 3 sessions per meet*) over the course of the season (Sept-May). Families are also required to donate food items for the concession stand (2 items per meet). If you join after the first meet in October, you are required to fulfill three sessions at our second meet and provide two food donations for that meet (Volunteer checks are the same and must be provided immediately upon registering for the team). If your family works the prescribed sessions, and donates food for the concession stand, your volunteer check will be destroyed at the end of the season. IF YOUR FAMILY DOES NOT SATISFY YOUR VOLUNTEER OR FOOD DONATION COMMITMENT, YOUR VOLUNTEER CHECK(S) WILL BE DEPOSITED AT THE END OF THE SHORT COURSE SEASON. *Please speak with the Meet Director prior to the first meet, if you are unable to spread your volunteer sessions over both meets.
- Meet Entry Fees: Meet entry fees (including meet surcharge fees) will be invoiced to each family's account in the month that they are incurred by WHAT (i.e., when WHAT signs up swimmers to attend a meet and intitates a payment to the host team). The invoice will be due the following month (by the 15th of the month) via the payment method you set up at the time of registration or by credit card. See Billing Policy and Payment Terms for details regarding setting up your account and making payments.
- Note: All registrations require that a valid credit card be maintained on file.
- Monthly Payments: After your initial registration payment (first month plus USA Swimming and WHAT Registration Fees, plus optional swim caps), your account will be charged $55/month for each registered swimmer under the Flex plan.
- Financial Assistance: If you need scholarship financial assistance or payment arrangements, please contact Laurie Winslow, Registration Chairperson (email@example.com) (All discussions will remain confidential within the Scholarship Committee.)
- Outreach Swimmer Program: USA Swimming, in conjunction with Allegheny Mountain Swimming, offers an Outreach Swimmer Program for any athlete, regardless of school district or residence who meets the eligibility requirements for free or reduced lunches. This program will reduce your USA Swimming membership rate to $5 per year and cover most of the meet entry fees accumulated within Allegheny Mountain Swimming (excepting meet surcharges, if charged by host swim team). Meets outside of Allegheny Mountain Swimming (i.e., most travel meets) are not included and these meet entry fees or surcharges will be invoiced to your account if incurred). If you meet these requirements, please contact Laurie Winslow at VP-Membership for further details.
- Team Cap: Team caps are recommended for competition and practice.
- Team T-Shirt: WHAT tie-dye t-shirts will be available for purchase after the start of the season. An e-mail will be sent to all parents when they are available. You may also visit Swim Outlet to purchase a WHAT t-shirt of your choice. Team shirts should be worn at all meets. There are also many apparel items, towels, bags and equipment available with the WHAT logo, and many can be personalized as well. Swim Outlet is the official supplier of WHAT merchandise.
- Goggles (required), Training Suit (required), Training Cap (optional), Competition Suit (optional) and Training Equipment (see below) are to be provided by the member. Information about what specific training equipment is required and where to purchase those items is available via the WHAT website. Please visit the WHAT Shop provided by Swim Outlet for training equipment, swimsuits and WHAT logo items.
- Training Equipment including fins, kickboards, and snorkel are required for each swimmer in Senior, Gold and Silver. Information regarding specific training equipment for each practice group, and where to purchase those items is available on the WHAT website. A gear bag for your training equipment is optional, but is recommended to store your gear at the pool. Training equipment is available at the WHAT Shop provided by Swim Outlet. You are not required to purchase these items from Swim Outlet, but they are required for training. Training equipment will not be available for use at the pool.
- There will be a parent meeting in October for both new and returning swim families. This will be an opportunity to meet our board members and other swim parents and families. We will also be answering any specific questions that you have on billing and payment policies, the volunteer requirements and policies, practices, meets, or equipment. If you register after the Parent Meeting, please contact Laurie Winslow with any questions you may have.
- If you are looking for swim lessons and not the competitive swim team, please click here.