2021-2022 CDOG Short Course Season Registration
Open for Returning Members
8/23/21 - 11/30/21
Open for New Members
8/23/21 - 12/10/21
WELCOME TO ONLINE REGISTRATION
FOR 2021-2022 SHORT COURSE SEASON
Welcome back, everyone!
Online Registration for Returning Families opens on Monday August 16th & closes on Sunday August 29th.
Online Registration for New Families starts on Monday Auguts 23rd & closes on Sunday August 29th.
Evaluations are being held the week of August 16th by appointment only. Please contact our Head Age Group Coach, Dave Modzelewski, at [email protected] to schedule an Evaluation.
STEP 2. REGISTER ONLINE ON THIS WEBSITE
FEES PAYABLE ON THIS WEBSITE
Throughout the season your credit card will be charged for the splash fees owed. You must have a credit card attached to your account in order to be able to compete at meets. You can make additional payments at any time with the attached credit card.
STPA (Swim Team Parents Association) fee
What do our STPA (Swim Team Parents Association) fees pay for?
The STPA registration fee is paid at the time the swimmer is registered, by all swimmers BUC I and up. This STPA fee only covers a small fraction of the items paid for by the STPA on the swimmers’ and team’s behalf. The rest is generated by our CDOG-hosted meets. Some of the expenses covered by the STPA are:
- Travel expenses for coaches to away meets like Long Island, Condors, MIT and Nationals.
- Team equipment purchases (coach laptops, fins, tempo trainers, kick boards and other training aids. touch pads, plungers, meet tech. and their maintenance,)
- Numerous operational expenses (i.e. Website hosting and processing fees, printers and lots of toner, computer supplies, meet laptops, meet processing software (Hytek licensing), paper, and storage of all etc.)
- Contribution to coaches’ salaries
- USA Registration fees for our coaches and officials
- Training expenses for our officials and referees
- Educational programs for our swimmers
- Meet Pool fees and team apparel
- A new team shirt or cap for each new swimmer
- Awards and banquet cost (free admission for swimmers in BUC I and above)
- Other team social events
The funding to pay for these expenses come from STPA Membership Fees, CDOG-hosted meet revenue, and a variety of fundraising programs administered the STPA Board. None of these expenses are covered by your program fees.
Splash Fees pay for swimmers’ entry fees per meet. They are set by the host swim team and sometimes include a facility surcharge. Families must attach a credit card to their account (for spalsh fees) in order to be eligible to enter meets. This will be as you progress through the seadogswim.org registration.
USA Swimming Membership
As well as being a YMCA Swim Team Cheshire Sea Dogs are also a USA Swimming Team. This allows us to compete at US Swimming events as well as YMCA events. All our swimmers must be USA Swimming Members. Returning swimmers are current. New swimmers must notify the coaches and STPA of their need to pay USA registration fees. We will bill all USA Registration fees on Oct 1st.
- You must pay Program Fees to the YMCA first. That covers coaching/pools/insurance etc. Once you do that...
- THEN register online on the STPA’s www.seadogswim.org. This will allow you to keep your swimmer’s account up to date, in the correct practice group, enable you to opt-in to meets in the future and stay on top of splash fees.
- Attach a credit card to your account to pay splash fees.
REGISTERING ONLINE ONLY DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SPOT. REMEMBER TO COMPLETE ALL STEPS