Welcome to the Naval Academy Aquatic Club Electronic Registration platform for our the 2016-2017 Swim Season Tryouts! We look forward to meeting you.
During the online registration process you will be asked to select a date to tryout.
Non-Refundable fee of $20.00 to tryout.
- Where Lejeune Hall, USNA Annapolis, MD
Please park downtown and enter through the Visitor Access Center at Gate 1. Adults will need proper identification. Exit the Visitor Access Center, turn right and then immediately left at the first crosswalk. Pass the statue of Bill the Goat and head right toward Lejeune Hall. Enter the doors marked Midshipmen Entrance Only on the lower level and turn right to access the locker rooms. After your swimmers are changed and ready to swim bring them to the pool deck. After initial remarks by the NAAC Head Coach, parents will go upstairs to the observation bleachers. Please arrange to meet your swimmers outside the locker rooms after try outs.
- Monday, July 9th at 6:15 pm
Sunday, July 15th at 4:00 pm
- Who can register
Swimmers new to USA Swimming
- 6 to 7 year olds who are able to complete 25 yards in both freestyle and backstroke.
8 to 12 year olds who are able to swim all four strokes legally
- NOTE: Swimmers with Year Round Experience contact us directly to discuss tryouts.
- Swimmers will have goggles and a swimsuit, and will be on deck, ready to swim, at 6:30pm. They will be evaluated in all four strokes.
- Parents will have reviewed the Practice Group Information and read the Parent Handbook, paying particular attention to the required volunteering. Year-round swimming is volunteer-intensive and NAAC relies on its parents.
The handful of swimmers who demonstrate clearly that they are ready to begin training with the club will be contacted by the head coach within a day or two of the tryout. They will be invited to register immediately and start practicing in early September. Those not selected to join the club will be placed on a waiting list.