Registration 2019-20 Season
Open for Returning Members
8/8/19 - 1/31/20
Open for New Members
8/22/19 - 1/31/20
Welcome to Motor City Aquatics!
Short Course Season Registration is Now OPEN
The answers to many commonly asked questions regarding practice groups, schedules, fees and policies can be found in the MCA Club Handbook posted on the team website. However, if you still have questions after reviewing the MCA Club Handbook please email
The online application process is quite easy and should only take a few minutes. Before you begin, please read the information below for a detailed overview of the entire registration process. See you at the pool!
- The "Register Now" button at the bottom of this page will guide you through the process. Please complete each page including tabs and continue all the way through to the payment page. You will receive an email receipt of your application which will indicate that your application for registration has been received and that your account status is “pending approval”.
- You need to register all swimmers, including returning swimmers and swimmers participating in the high school girls’ season. Returning swimmers should register for the practice group in which they ended their last season with MCA.
- By registering today, we will bill the credit card linked to your account immediately for your swimmer’s annual registration fee, first month of monthly dues (regardless of the first month that your swimmer is active), USA Swimming registration fee and any outstanding balances due to the club. In addition, new members who register before January 1 will be charged three-months’ dues during registration, and their accounts will hold a credit until three months of active membership have expired. Returning members in good-standing (financial and volunteerism) will continue to be charged based on their declared monthly activity as in previous months but are still required to fulfill the three-month minimum during the short-course season to maintain their good-standing status.
- Only swimmers who were registered for our long course season may practice with the team in August. All new members and returning members who did not participate in the long course season may begin practicing with the team after Labor Day. Our practice calendar, pool locations and short-course season meet schedule are posted on our website. For the most current practice information, always call the MCA Hotline at 248-593-8607.
- Parents and athletes must provide signed copies of the MCA Code of Conduct, Michigan Concussion Form and Acknowledgement of Receipt of Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy for each individual swimmer on our team at or prior to participating in their first MCA practice. No registration will be complete unless and until MCA has received signed copies of these 3 documents. Signed copies can be sent by email to email@example.com.
- As a condition of membership both with Motor City Aquatics and USA Swimming, all athlete members age 18 and older must complete Athlete Protection Training (“APT”). Swimmers without proof of training will not be able to participate in any club practices or sanctioned swim meets. The training can be found at https://www.usaswimming.org/utility/landing-pages/safe-sport/apt. Please note that APT is linked to an athlete's USA Swimming registration account and should update APT certification status in DECK PASS within 24 hours. Swimmers must complete all three APT modules including the course evaluation questions at the end of each module and receive a "DONE" in each for their certification to be complete. Athletes will receive a congratulatory email when they are certified. If a swimmer completes the training but does not receive a confirmation email, the most likely reason is that he or she did not answer the course evaluation questions and will need to log back into the system and answer the questions to receive the confirmation email.
- Stay tuned to our website and check your email for information about our Parent Meeting in September.
VERY IMPORTANT: Please review the MCA Club Handbook in its entirety before registering and pay particular attention to our fee structure and membership policies, minimum membership requirements and volunteer requirements. MCA reserves the right to limit membership based on the requirements of its existing members, space limitations, or other reasons. Registration can be completed after membership is confirmed by MCA and the registration fee and first month's dues will be collected at that time. NO REFUNDS will be offered after your application has been approved.
If you have further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply for registration with Motor City Aquatics, please click the "Register Now" button below.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to seeing you at the pool!