Fall 2021 Registration
Welcome to Dolphins Swim Club Registration for the 2021-2022 Season!
To register with the Dolphins Youth Swim team, each swimmer must be assigned a Training Group by a Dolphin Coach.
YOUTH SWIM TEAM:
To Determine which Training Group to Register for:
For New Swimmers:
1. All New Swimmers need to try out with a Dolphins Coach
Try Outs can be arranged by contacting Adrienne Tirch at [email protected]
For the try out, Swimmers must be able to complete a 50-yard swim without stopping and swim competently in Freestyle, Backstroke, and Breaststroke. Have your swimmer/s bring goggles and a towel. Other suggested items: clothes to change into after swim, crocs/flip flops for locker rooms, swim caps and/or if long hair, have hair tied back.
2. After the Try Out, the swimmer's family will be contacted by email with the Training Group that the new swimmer is to register with.
3. AFTER the swimmer receives their designated Training Group, THEN the swimmer can register.
For Returning Swimmers:
- Swimmer should have received an email with 2021-2022 Training Group designation. If you did not receive an email, please contact Adrienne Tirch at [email protected].
- If you have a question your swimmer's training group designation, please contact Head Coach Billy MacElveen at [email protected].
- Please check/verify your T-shirt size during registration as it may have changed from last season. The shirt size designated during registration will be used to order your team shirt.
- Returning Swimmers who register late will be required to pay the Full Season Training Group Fees. They will NOT have their training group fees prorated.
ADULT U.S. MASTERS SWIMMING:
Masters Swimmer must be registered with U.S. Masters Swimming, which is done through the US Masters swimming website, USMS.org. Please submit your US Masters Swimming Membership number to [email protected] . Also, when completing your registration, use "N/A" for Parent/Guardian fields as they are required to be filled in.
Registrations Process: Please read this page to the bottom for information regarding the Registration and other team information. At the bottom of the page, you will click the green button labelled "Continue or Check Status" to start the registration process. Then follow the screens and enter required information. A CREDIT CARD is required to complete the registration process. Only the registration fee per swimmer will be charged at registration. For returning swimmers, you will also be required to pay any balance in your account at registration.
Registration Fee: All Groups are $100 (non-refundable).
** PLEASE NOTE: If during registration, you encounter problems with drop down menus not working, try changing your internet browser to Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and try again.
2021-2022 Season Training Group Fees (* see below chart for additional info):
At this time, Registration will only open for for the 2021-2022 WINTER Season which is from September through mid-March. Information regarding the Spring and Summer Swim seasons will be available at a later date.
|Training Group||Winter Season (Sept - Mar)||Full Year (Sept - TBD)||Full Year Savings|
|Intro||Not being offered at this time||Not being offered at this time|
Not being offered at this time
Not being offered at this time
|$975||Not being offered at this time||$NA|
Not being offered at this time
Not being offered at this time
$650 with 2 pmts OR $600 with 1 pmt
Training Group Payment schedule: 2021-2022 Payments will return to the pre-Covid payment schedule and will NOT be monthly as they were for 2020-2021.
Bronze, Iron, Steel, Silver & Gold Training Group Payments :
- Winter Season:
- 2 payments of 50% each
- Payments due on Oct 1st and Nov 1st
US Masters Swimming
- 1 Payment: 100% due on Oct 1st
- 2 Payments: 50% due on Oct 1st and Nov 1st
FACILITIES RULES (Pool locations):
- Swimmers and parents must sign in at the desk.
- Masks are to be worn unless swimmers are in the water. Please make sure your swimmer has a mask to enter the pool and parents accompanying younger swimmers into the building must also wear a mask.
A parent is allowed to accompany the swimmers onto the deck. A parent is also to pick up your swimmer from the deck. This is the same policy that was in place in the 2019/2020 season. Unfortunately, parents are not permitted to stay in the building at this time per Vassar Covid policies. Please have your swimmer arrive in their suit and they can dress over their suits to go home. Locker rooms are available for the use of the bathroom, but we will not be using the locker rooms to change.
Silver and Gold:
Please have your swimmer arrive in their suit and they can dress over their suits to go home. Locker rooms are available for the use of the bathroom, but we will not be using the locker rooms to change.
- Swimmers sign in with their initials at the desk.
- Masks are required when not in the pool.
- Parents are allowed to wait in The Egg. Masks are required for visitors to The Egg except when eating and drinking.
- No one may use any facility other than the pool. Use of the gym, the workout rooms, and the saunas in the locker rooms is strictly prohibited.
- Training Group practice schedule can found through this LINK
- Bronze Training Group practices
- Tuesdays and Thursdays Practices are open to all Bronze Swimmers
- Bronze swimmers must sign up for EITHER Mondays or Wednesdays practices (Not both) as there is limited lanes available on those nights (CURRENTLY, Monday is FULL and only Wednesday practices are available)
Dolphins offer 3 types of Discounts which are applied to your account based on your selections during registration:
1. For Families with multiple youth swim team swimmers (discount given at registration)
- Register all swimmers in your family during the same registration session
- 2 Swimmers: $50 discount off the Training Group Fees
- 3 Swimmers: $100 discount off the Training Group Fees
- 4 Swimmers: $150 discount off the Training Group Fees
2. For registered Dolphins members that swim with their High School Swim team, there is a $100 discount off their Training Group Fees for Full Year and Winter Season registrations ONLY.
- Swimmer must be registered with the Dolphins during the High School Swim Team season.
- Discount given on October 1st invoice.
- For RETURNING Dolphins Swimmers, training group fees will NOT be prorated for joining after the High School season. Returning Dolphins Swimmers who participate in High School Swimming are expected to pay the FULL season (September - March) fees (minus the $100 HS discount) regardless of the date when registering. Registered Swimmers are welcome to attend any Dolphin practices and meets during the High School season.
3. For Team Officials
- USA Swimming certified: $250 off the Training Group Fees
- USA Swimming “in-training”: $125 off the Training Group Fees
- Discount given on October 1st invoice
Team meets: Swimming races in these meets are included in the Training group fees. There will be no additional fees for participation in these meets.
USA Swimming meets: Additional fees will incur for participating in USA Swimming meets. Participation in USA Swim meets is required for Gold and Silver training groups and optional for Intro, Bronze and Senor training groups. The Dolphins must submit and pay the host team for all of the team's swimmers entries a month in advance of the meet. Typical fee is ~ $7 per event but can be higher and may also include a meet participation fee per swimmer. In addition, the Dolphins charges $2 per event to cover meet related costs. These fees are billed to the swimmer's Dolphins account. The Dolphins pay for entries regardless of actual participation. For more information regarding meet fees, click here.
Waivers and Policies:
Please read all of the information and documents CAREFULLY prior to electronically signing off on them. During the registration process, you will be required to sign the following waivers and policies which are available to view on the "Safe Sport" tab on the top menu:
- Waivers: Medical, Liability, and Photo/Video
- Hudson Valley Dolphins Refund Policy & Meet Fees
- Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (MAAPP 2.0)
- Hudson Valley Dolphins Codes of Conduct: Parents, Swimmers and Honor
- Hudson Valley Dolphins Anti-Bullying Policy
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION PROCESS:
Registration completed: When registration is complete, an email will be sent to the email address that started the registration. This email address will be your userid to access your Dolphins account. New members will also receive an email on how to access your new Dolphins account, once it is approved by the Dolphin's registrar. In your Dolphins account, you will be able to manage/set up your future payments and personal information. You will also be able to see your swimmer's swim meet times, sign up for swim meets and team events, volunteer for jobs, etc.
Equipment Required: Silver, Iron, Steel, and Gold training groups require equipment for practices
- Iron Training Group: Fins and Pull Buoy and Mesh bag recommended to carry all the equipment.
- Steel Training Group: Fins, Pull Buoy, Stroke (hand) Paddles, Swimmer's Snorkel and Mesh bag recommended to carry all the equipment
- Silver & Gold Training Groups: Fins, Pull Buoy, Stroke (hand) Paddles, Swimmer's Snorkel, and Kick Board are required and Mesh bag recommended to carry all equipment.
If you would like to discuss other payment options, please contact our Treasurer, Amber Boyle at [email protected]
If you have questions regarding registration, please contact our Registration Coordinator, Adrienne Tirch at [email protected]
We look forward to having you join The Hudson Valley Dolphins for the 2021-2022 Season!