Spring 2019 MAAPP Acknowledgement
USA Swimming announced an enhanced set of Safe Sport policies, collectively called the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy (“MAAPP”). The changes stem from requirements imposed on USA Swimming by the U.S. Center for SafeSport. This Policy must be reviewed and agreed to by Athletes, Parents, Coaches and other Applicable Adults. All the following information is available on the Dolphins website in the section labeled "SAFE SPORT" on the top menu.
MAAPP addresses the following topics which each swimmer and their families need to reveiw and agree to in the proceeding sections:
- One-on-One Interactions
- Social Media and Electronic Communications
- Locker Rooms and Changing Areas
- Massages and Rubdown / Athlete Training Modalities
The above policy's description and details been included in the following section but if you would like to read the MAAPP in it's entirety, click HERE for the document in PDF Format.
An additional requirement is having current athletes age 18+ to sign and complete USA Swimming’s Athlete Protection Course:
- Adult Athletes must take the Athlete Protection Training (APT) by their 18th birthday.
- If not completed, athletes will not be allowed to swim at practices or meets
- Notification will be sent 30 days before birthday, on birthday, and 30 days after birthday, if APT has not been completed
- APT course is Free and is the same course taken by USA Swimming non-athlete members (coaches and officials)
The MAAPP references "Applicable Adults" for many of the policies. Applicable Adult is any adult authorized ot have regular contact with or authority over minor athletes in addition to all USA Swimming non-athlete members (coaches and officials), adult athlete members, participating non-members (e.g. meet marshals, meet computer operators, timers, etc.) and team board members.
Directions for completing Event Registration:
- Click green rectangle labelled “Continue or Check Status”
- If required, log into your Dolphins account
- Check account information (only boxes with red stars are required to be filled in)
- Click green box labelled “Continue”
- Click on the box in front of registered athlete or coach name. A check mark should appear in box.
- In the section labelled “Register to this Group”, click the down pointing carrot on the right hand side to reveal option. Click to highlight “MAAPP Acknowledgement”
- Repeat for each registered swimmer.
- Scroll down and review each section of the MAAPP and click the box at the end of each section to record your approval. A check mark should appear in the box. There are 5 sections and boxes to click.
- At the bottom of webpage, click green box labelled “Continue”
- On new webpage, Click green box labeled “Submit Registration”