ATOM New Member Tryouts July 11, 9:15 a.m. at Southpark Swim and Tennis
Open for Returning Members
6/24/20 - 7/10/20
Open for New Members
6/24/20 - 7/10/20
Welcome to ATOM Tryouts! You have taken an important step in becoming part of our team. It is important that you read all of the information below carefully.
Tryouts are required for ALL NEW ATOM members and returning PRE-TEAM members (returning competitive team members from the 2019-20 season do not need to tryout).
This tryout will be held at Southpark Swim and Tennis 2200 Huntingtown Farms Ln Charlotte, NC 28210. You DO NOT need to be a member of the pool where the tryout is being held. There is construction and a detour. Please allow extra time for arrival. The tryout will be approximately 30 minutes long. You only need to attend ONE tryout session.
You must sign up online in order to secure a tryout spot. Please note the tryout is completely free. Due to the structure of our website, when you go to register for a tryout, you will be asked to set up a billing account and it will appear that you will be charged. HOWEVER, ALL OF THE FEES HAVE BEEN SET TO ZERO AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED. Also, all account information is completely secure and will not be used for any purpose other than registering for a tryout.
We recognize we are still in the midst of COVID-19 and safety and health are our top priority. ATOM staff will be wearing masks during the tryout. As result, the following guidelines must be adhered to:
1. Prior to arrival, we ask that you and your swimmer ensure that you are in good health by taking your temperature. If anyone in your family has a fever or shows any signs of COVID, you will not be permitted to attend the tryout and you can reschedule. Ideally, only the swimmer and parent/guardian (babysitter) are attending the tryout. Please minimize the number of people with you.
2. Swimmers must arrive with their suits on and leave that way- NO LOCKER ROOMS WILL BE AVAILABLE. If they need help with their caps, it must be done by a parent or someone who is with them. ATOM staff is not able to help with this.
3. When you arrive, please stay outside of the pool gates, practicing social distancing 6 feet apart from one another.
4. An ATOM staff member will greet you with hand sanitizer and then allow you to enter the pool area. A staff member will direct you where to go once inside the pool area.
5. There will be no more than 2 swimmers in a lane at a time and they will be staggered to adhere to social distancing.
6. There will be a chair at the end of each lane. Swimmers are to put their belongings on that chair only.
7. All high traffic area touchpoints will be disinfected prior to arrival.
8. SWIMMERS WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THE ABOVE RULES OR ARE DEEMED TO BE ENDANGERING THE SAFETY OF OTHER SWIMMERS OR COACHES WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE TRYOUT
For a full list of the safety precautions that ATOM adheres to CLICK HERE
Your swimmer will be evaluated for our pre-team and competitive team. This will include a 15-20 minute swimming evaluation by one of the ATOM coaches. While your swimmer is in the water, there will be an information session for parents and you will have the opportunity to ask questions as well. We will notify you of our recommendation for ATOM within 72 hours of your tryout.
Swimmers are expected to have knowledge of the four competitive strokes to be a part of the competitive team. ATOM also offers a pre-competitive team for athletes 10 & under who are not ready for the competitive team.
What to bring: suit, goggles, towel, cap (optional)
We look forward to meeting you and seeing you on the pool deck!
Any questions, please contact Stephanie Toth email@example.com