LATE - Register Returning Swim Team Members for 19-20 Season
Open for Returning Members
7/3/19 - 12/31/19
Open for New Members
1/1/15 - 1/2/15
Welcome to the Berkeley Aquatic Club Electronic Registration platform for the upcoming 2019-20 swim season! This registration is for current swim team members only. Please do not register here if you are in the Swim School. Those who wish to tryout for the team can visit BAC TRYOUTS on the Team Website for more info. Details about Program Fees, Fundraising and Volunteer Service Hours and the Practice Schedule is listed below. Please read thoroughly as there is important information and team policies outlined below, then follow the registration instructions posted at the end.
Deposit: Each returning swimmer is required to pay a $370 (including $70 annual USA Swimming registration) NON REFUNDABLE deposit, payable by credit card by July 2nd, to secure his/her place for the 2019-20 season. The deposit will be applied in full to your annual program fees. After July 2nd, the initial registration will be closed and the coaches will update their rosters prior to Summer tryouts. We are not able to guarantee your spot after the deadline. A late fee of $25 per swimmer will be added for those who register after the early registration deadline and your swimmer may be required to try out again during summer tryouts.
The Program Fees for the 2019-20 season are as follows:
|TYMs||Streaks||Snappers||Blues||Flex||Jnr 1||Jnr 2||Snrs|
|USA Swimming Reg||$70||$70||$70||$70||$70||$70||$70||$70|
BAC Athlete Scholarships are available for the 2019-20 Season. Need based, open to current and new BAC swim team members of all ages and levels. More information available HERE or visit Parent Info>Athlete Scholarships.
Team Suit and Shirt: Each swimmer will receive a BAC team suit, caps and t-shirt, which will be distributed in the fall through the Speedo Shop operated by California Beach Hut.
- Team Shirt: Please select your t-shirt size from the pull down menu during registration.
- Team Suit: This year's team suit will be the Speedo Aquablade
Please select your athletes appropriate size during registration. Female suits are available from sizes 18-40, Male jammers are available from sizes 22-36. IMPORTANT: Our online registration suit size menu does not include size 18 and 20 but these sizes ARE available for female athletes. If your female athlete needs a size 18 or 20, please select size 22 and send an email to BSACommunications@berkeleyaquaticclub.com ASAP to specify size 18 or 20. Please use subject line "Suit Size" and include your swimmers first and last name, age and correct size in the email.
Samples are available for try-ons at the Speedo Store located off the BAC lobby at any time the store is open.
The Aquablade runs large so should be sized down at least one size from swimmers racing size in a traditional Speedo suit. IF UNSURE PLEASE TRY ON THE SAMPLES IN STORE.
After distribution of team suit, cap, shirt packages there will be a designated time period in which people can exchange the suit. The suits from packages may be exchanged but NOT returned. The dates will be announced in mid August.
The Fundraising Commitment (per family) for the 2019-20 Season:
|Junior 1&2, Seniors||$650|
|Streaks, Snappers, Blues, Flex||$375|
The Volunteer Hours Commitment (per family) for the 2019-20 Season:
Volunteering is an important part of life at BAC. Hourly requirements for 2019-20 are outlined in chart below. Please note that we track hours worked by volunteer period - hours are fulfilled each period and then your balance resets to zero. Hours cannot be rolled over or combined. Detailed information on Volunteer Requirements can be found HERE or on the website under Parent Info>Volunteer Hours. NEW FOR 2019-20, for every 5 hours a family works in excess of a period’s requirement, a $10 credit will be made towards that family's fundraising obligation. This credit will appear on the final fundraising statement at the end of the season.
Volunteer Period 1 (9/14-2/14)
Volunteer Period 2 (2/15-3/22)
Volunteer Period 3 (3/23-6/30)
Volunteer Period 4 (7/1-7/31)
USA Swimming and the US Center for Safe Sport now require that all applicable adults review and agree to abide by the Minor Athlete Abuse Prevention Policy. Applicable adults include athletes 18 & over, parents, volunteers and coaches of member clubs. A full copy of this policy and Q&A can be found HERE or on our website under Parent Info >Policies. Please review this with family members as required and acknowledge acceptance by e-signature at the end of registration.
Practice Schedule for 2019-20 Season Please click HERE or visit the Athlete Info. section of the website to review.
We look forward to seeing you next year!
Please follow these steps to register:
1. Click on the 'Register Now' tab to begin (scroll all the way down after you read the instructions to find the tab.)
2. Log in
3. Review and update Account Info as needed, including emergency contact and medical information if applicable (if there are no medical conditions that coaches should be aware of, please indicate "None.")
4. Under Existing Members, check on the members you wish to register (only current swim team members).
For each member:
- Select a t-shirt size from the drop down menu. Available sizes are Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult S, M, L, XL.
- Select a suit size from the drop down menu.
- Register to this group: Group placement for swimmers is determined by coaches. In this section, you will be asked to register for your preferred volunteer team for the season. This is strongly encouraged for Junior and Senior Families. All other families are also encouraged to register for a trained job.
5. Please read and sign (check the box) the following documents: Medical Release, Liability Waiver, MAAPP, Athlete Code of Conduct, Parent Code of Conduct; Financial, Fundraising and Volunteer Hours Obligations; Publicity and Filming Waivers and Electronic Signature.
6. Proceed to checkout where you will enter your credit card information. As in past seasons, your account must be in good standing before you can register your swimmers for the upcoming season. You will be required to pay your current balance in addition to your deposit in order to guarantee your swimmer's spot for the upcoming season.