Registration for 2017-2018 Season
Open for Returning Members
9/2/17 - 7/31/18
Open for New Members
9/18/17 - 7/31/18
2017-2018 SWIM SEASON
ITEMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR THE SHORT COURSE SEASON.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE MESSAGE BELOW.
Welcome to the Victor Swim Club Electronic Registration platform!
The Club is pleased to offer electronic payment processing and registration. The process is simple for both new and returning members. You'll get access to your own private account that will enable you to easily declare for swim meets, sign-up for jobs, see your children's swim times and histories, maintain your own contact information, and more.
There are a few changes we have made from prior years, so please read the information below.
- New members interested in additional information can request information by sending an email message to the Club.
- For those members that are registering for the first time, there is the option for a two-week trial. The Trial group gives you the opportunity to try the swim program for two weeks and determine if you would like to sign up for an annual registration. The cost of the two-week trial is $25.00 and this amount will be credited to your annual registration fee should you decide to continue with program.
- Process for registering as a new member:
- If you would like to register for the trial membership or you are a new family and want to join for the season please click on the Trial Registration System link below and follow the registration wizard.
- Click on the 'I am a new user' button and enter your email address when prompted. Click continue and enter your name and address information. Click continue.
- When prompted click the 'Add new member' button and enter your child's information. For registration group, select Trial Membership if you are doing the two-week trial or the appropriate group for your child's age if you are joining the program and then click add.
- Repeat if you are registering more than one child.
- Continue to provide the information requested and complete the registration by indicating payment by credit card or check.
- Please continue reading below for additional information on the practice groups and the registration process. Practice group descriptions are listed on the Club web site using this link.
- Registration: This year the Club will continue with a full year registration that includes both the Short Course Yards (SCY) and Long Course Meters (LCM) seasons. However, similar to last year the Developmental and Intermediate groups will continue to have both SCY and full year registration options to allow the youngest swimmers an extended evaluation period.
- The Short Course Yards season will run from 9/5/2017 to 3/31/2018.
- The full year season will run from 9/5/2017 to 8/31/2018 and will include both the SCY and LCM seasons, as well as training during the summer.
- The mid-season (MID) registration will run from 1/1/2018 to 8/31/2018.
- The LCM season will run from 4/1/2018 to 8/31/2018.
The Club encourages swimmers in the Developmental group and the Intermediate group to enroll for the full year program, as we feel the training continuity will allow the athletes to maintain the progress made during the short course yards season.
Swimmers are required to be registered for the season prior to attending practices.
- Practice Groups: The Club practice group structures for the 2017-2018 season will remain the same as last year. They are as follows:
- The Developmental group remains the same as last year.
- The Intermediate group remains the same as last year.
- The Performance group remains the same as last year. The practice group has a full year registration.
- The Senior Prep group remains the same as last year. The practice group has a full year registration.
- The Senior group remains the same as last year. The practice group has a full year registration.
- The Collegiate group remains the same as last year.
- Payment Options: This year the Club will again offer the ability to have two payment options for the swim year.
- One Payment - The first option is to pay the entire registration fee at the time of registering and receive a $25.00 discount.
- Two Payments - The second option is to split the registration fee into two payments. The first payment of 50% of the fee will be due at registration. The second payment will be due November 1st. In order to use the two payment option, members must have a valid credit card on file with an expiration date valid through the end of season (August 2018) or if paying by check provide a second check dated November 1, 2017 for the balance due. This check will be deposited November 1, 2017. Please understand that we must do this as we always have members that we must chase down for registration fees throughout the year.
- Full Payment Discount: This year the Club will continue the $25.00 registration fee discount when the full registration fee is paid at the time of registration. This benefits both the member with a discounted registration fee and the Club with upfront registration fee payment. This discount does not apply to the Trial group.
- Multiple Swimmer Discount: Historically, the Club has given a $100.00 discount for multiple swimmers in a family. This year, the Club will continue offering a $100.00 discount for each additional swimmer in the family. The multiple swimmer discount applies to the SCY, mid-season, and full-year registrations. It does not apply to the LCM registration or the Trial and Collegiate groups.
- Fundraising Commitment: As a non-profit organization, Victor Swim Club relies on its members to help in fundraising opportunities throughout the year. This year, we are planning on conducting three fundraisers (Fall Pie Sale fundraiser, Swim-A-Thon, and the Pancake Breakfast). It is incumbent on the membership to assist in these fundraisers. This year, we will have a statement on the registration process that you understand the fundraising requirement. If your swimmer does not participate in a fundraiser, a charge of $75.00 will be billed to your account for each fundraiser where the family does not participate.
- Volunteer Commitment: The Victor Swim Club hosts and participates in numerous events during the calendar year. These events are critically important as they help to offset the costs of the Club (the registration fees alone do not cover the Club expenses). The volunteer commitment of our membership is critical in ensuring that efficient, quality meets are conducted. As part of the registration process, we are asking our members to acknowledge the six session volunteer requirement for the 2017-2018 season. You will be required to volunteer for these meets (in some cases, even if you do not have a child participating in the meet). Our volunteer coordinator will be tracking volunteer hours throughout the season. The sooner you volunteer, the sooner your commitment is completed.
- Outstanding Balance: Finally, returning members with an outstanding balance will not be able to register until the outstanding balance has been paid in full. If you have any questions during the registration process, please feel free to contact Karen Senglaub.
We look forward to having you join the Victor Swim Club and are excited for another great season!