2019-2020 Competitive Team Registration
Open for Returning Members
7/29/19 - 7/14/20
Open for New Members
8/1/19 - 7/31/20
Welcome to QuickSilver Swimming!
August 2019 - July 2020 Swim Year Registration
Dear Quicksilver Families:
I would like to thank you for registering with QuickSilver Swimming. We are excited to have you on the team!
Our Mission: We are operating with and athlete centered focus to help people achieve their goals. This includes Elite level instruction/Competition and education to children and athletes of all ages, gender, and ethnicity. We will be positive change agents in our local community and branch to other areas when opportunities arise.
Simply put, we do what is in the best interest of your child and work to improve the community. Welcome to the Quicksilver Swimming Family.
Our Progressive Approach
Welcome to the QSS 2019- 2020 swim year! QSS would like to share the key elements we strive to achieve as a team and that set us apart from the competition:
- Coaching matters: QSS invests in high quality, experienced professional coaches and targeted 20-1 group ratios. Our coaches study and stay current in the latest improvements in the sport by regularly attending clinics and educational classes. QSS coaches bring that knowledge and experience to the pool deck every day for the benefit of our swimmers.
- A-Z plan for each swimmer: QSS focuses on the present, but with the future in mind. QSS is designed to offer a planned progression for our swimmers to get the most out of their swim careers. Progression is based on individual goals and the commitment level each swimmer wishes to bring to the sport. QSS’ program is built on the most important parts of swimming: (1) constructing stroke technique to eliminate drag and potential injuries; (2) correct stroke technique at goal pace. Our core belief in swimming as a progression requires mastering each step before moving on to the next phase to unlock our true long term potential.
- Responsibility: Swimming teaches responsibility and ownership of swimmer’s actions. In the water, swimmers achieve what they train to achieve. There are peaks and valleys as they grow, but in the end, swimmers get earned results. QSS helps each swimmer gradually progress from group-to-group, learning leadership skills at the top of a group and challenging them to de determined to rise when at the bottom of their group; both leadership and determination are life-skills that teach swimmers responsibility.
- Good habits in & out of the pool: QSS creates well-rounded student-athletes. Our swimmers are some of the best students in the nation from the elementary to collegiate level. Swimmers learn time management skills by attending practice while achieving excellent academic results. Swimmers who learn to balance academics and swimming will have effective time management skills for life.
- Consistent & focused meet attendance: QSS swimmers typically attend one meet per month as identified by the coaches. The vast majority of QSS swimmers participate in meets. Because swimmers work hard throughout a season to peak at a championship meet, it is critical swimmers attend their championship to reap the benefits of their hard work. Missing a championship meet equals missing your best potential times (akin to doing all the academic work for an entire semester and then skipping the final). The best time to take family vacations is immediately after your swimmer's big meet rather than before or during the meet. Championship meets will vary based on swim level, but may include the following:
- Fall/Winter: Race to JO's, CSA Championships, 14 & Under JOs, Sectionals, U.S. Junior Nationals, U.S. Nationals
- Spring: 10 & Under Champs, Race to JO's, JO's, Far Westerns, HS Conference meets, CCS (+ post meet)
- Summer: Race to JOs, JO's, Far Westerns, Sectionals, Futures, U.S. Junior Nationals, U.S. Nationals
- QuickSilver Team Culture
Swimming is a family commitment that requires both swimmers and parents to become a valued team member. Swimmers are encouraged to cheer for their teammates at meets, support their group members at practice, and hold teammates accountable for making QSS the best team possible. Parents are encouraged to support our team by becoming officials, volunteering to help enhance team functions, helping provide meets for our swimmers, and being good adult role-models on teamwork and life skills. QSS coaches and parents work to provide team building activities and generating the team atmosphere that will help our swimmers prosper. We would like to invite you to join us in our quest to build a truly special team, and help make this year the best we’ve ever had!