Happy 13th Anniversary to the Park West Pirate Swim Team!
The 2021 Season registration is upon us and wish to send along some very important information regarding our upcoming registration later this month. Please be sure to read this e-mail in its entirety and visit our website at www.parkwestpirates.com for all information regarding the upcoming season.
2021 Season Registration & Information
Online Registration will be held from 15Apr–21Apr for returning Pirate families and 22Apr-28Apr for new Pirate families. Please visit www.parkwestpirates.com to sign in or register for a new account. Once your child/children are registered, please ensure that you complete and sign the waiver of liability form accompanying this registration. All parents must complete these forms and sign prior to submitting payment for your registration fees this season. Registration instructions are located under the “document” tab for reference. Please ensure now your account is working and active prior to registration beginning, many accounts were inactivated.
Age Groups are as follows: 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12, 13/14, 15-18 years of age.
- Practice will be Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only this summer
o 01Jun2021-17Jun 4-6pm specific age group times TBD, practices will be 30 or 45 min depending on age
o 22Jun-08Jul 8-10am specific age group times TBD, practices will be 30 or 45 min depending on age
· 2 PW intrasquad dual meets for 23Jun and 30Jun
· ECSL Championship Meet to be held at the new North Charleston Aquatic Center the weekend of 09Jul, 1 day meet, 2 sessions depending on age group day/time TBD;
· 6 and unders will not be able to swim in the champs meet this year, but PW will hold a 6/under mini champs meet at the end of the season during an am practice slot with paper plate awards.
· Due to reduced capacity limits, we can only allow registration of 10 swimmers per gender per age group for non year round swimmers (please refer to next line for more info. regarding year round swimmers), priority will be given to returning Pirates with 1 week to register your swimmers and remit payment via Venmo to hold your spot. Please note that although we will keep registration open for a week, it is likely that spots will fill quickly. Registration will not be complete until payment is received, so we encourage you to submit payment at the time of online registration via Venmo verse check (no other payments will be accepted). YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IF YOUR CHILD(REN) DO NOT HAVE A SPOT ON THE TEAM – based on the order of completed registrations. IF you chose to pay via Venmo and you do NOT receive a spot on the team, please note that we will process refunds as soon as possible (limited in some instances by Venmo policies regarding funds disbursements). We will then open up remaining slots to new families.
· Year round swimmers will be able to register for Pirates to swim in the dual meets and in the championship meet with the intent they are not attending Pirate practice regularly and will continue practicing with their year round club (to keep the numbers down on the PW deck)
· For this year, ECSL has voted to allow swimmers to swim in champs without attending any dual meets if applicable.
· Fees will be reduced this year to a minimum to cover costs of coaches, insurance, champs meet fees and swim caps only.
o Fee for the summer for non-year round swimmers will be $75 per swimmer
o Fee for the summer for round swimmers will be $30 per swimmer
Payments for registration fees can be made as follows:
The Park West Pirates Swim Club
c/o Taryn Kramer
2037 Ashburton Way
Mount Pleasant, SC 29466
** Please denote your swimmers names on the memo line for appropriate tracking purposes
** The Park West Pirates Swim Club is unfortunately unable to accept credit/debit cards due to the organization’s tax status as a not-for-profit club.
- Swimmers MUST be 5 years of age as of June 1, 2021 in order to qualify to swim.
Swimmers MUST be able to swim one (1) length of the pool (25 meters) unassisted due to safety reasons. If your swimmer has not been in the water for several months and/or is not used to swimming a pool length (especially if they are a new swimmer), please consider enrolling them in a Mount Pleasant Recreation Department aquatic program (or other like program) leading up to the swim season.
2021 will mark the 13th year of the Park West Pirates Swim team. The mission of the summer league swim teams is to foster the love and knowledge of the sport of swim, develop technical skills and foster teamwork and sportsmanship and most of all create summer neighborhood memories. We all recognize the challenges and heartbreak the global pandemic has put on every aspect of our lives, so we are doing our very best to bring our swim families some type of season with the intent to return in full force next year. All ECSL teams have voted not to have an official dual meet schedule this year with 8 of the 10 current ECSL team participating in the champs meet at the end of the season.
We greatly appreciate you all working with us to ensure this wonderful summer tradition and the building of lifelong skill does not end. Summer league swim is where many children receive their introduction to swim even more so in an Olympic year. We are doing our best to ensure the sport, summer league and traditions remain intact and continue on for many years to come. Many Thanks in advance for your patience for all of our parent volunteers during this modified season.
Yours in Swim,
michelle oconnell cormack, anna holland and taryn kramer