CPHS Swimming 2018
Open for Returning Members
11/15/17 - 3/1/18
Open for New Members
11/15/17 - 3/1/18
Welcome to the College Park High School Aquatics Electronic Registration platform for our upcoming swim season! The process is simple. You'll get access to your own private account that will allow you to easily declare for swim meets, sign-up for jobs, see swim times histories, maintain swimmer/family contact information, and more. Please read some important information below before continuing with the registration process.
- High School swimming is a spring sport. Official practices start February 5, 2018 and the season runs through May. Athletes must have a 2.0 or higher grade point average from the previous semester in order to participate in sports at College Park.
- To participate in Sports at College Park ALL athletes must follow the new online registration process outlined below.
- College Park is piloting a new online registration program, AthleticClearance.com, for our student-athletes, which means we are going paperless. This year our student-athletes and their parents or guardians will need to go online and register for sports. This is separate from the on-line registration specific to Swimming and Water Polo.
- Students will need to complete a physical examination with a doctor using the new CIF PHYSICAL EVALUATION form. You will need to upload this form along with proof of insurance to complete your registration. Students may not tryout or practice for any College Park sport until this online process has been completed.
- Please visit our College Park Athletics page on the school website for full details with registration links and instructions.
- Completed registration is requested 2 weeks prior to the start of the season.
- In High School swimming many of the functions that parents managed for their swimmers in age group swimming become the responsibility of the Student Athletes. This gives them accountability for their performance and helps them strengthen many life skills. Your athletes are responsible for knowing when practices are, when practice times change, communicating with coaches on meet availability and working directly with the coaches on season goals.
- We have 3 types of meets in High School Swimming – Dual Meets, Invitational Meets & Championship Meets. A detailed schedule is posted on this site. We have one away meet in Roseville in March that is a great team bonding event.
- While MDUSD has started to contribute again to High School sports their funding is only partial and we are relying on Donations to ensure our sports are fully funded. Please note that your student is not required to purchase, donate, or contribute any portion of the team's costs as a condition of participation on an athletic team.
- Parent participation in a sport like swimming is not only good for your athletes, but necessary for us to run meets. Unlike other sports, swimming is highly dependent on volunteer support to ensure our swimmers have the opportunity to put on their best performances. Since College Park is one of the only teams in our league that has our own pool, we host many meets and need Officials, Desk Operations, Snack Shack and Timers at each of our home meets in addition to help setting up and taking down the timing system, canopies, chairs & tables. We also need timers at any away meets.
- We look forward to having you join College Park High School Aquatics and are excited for another great season! Questions? Please contact the Team Parent/Director.