2018 STAS/JRRC Fall Swim Program
Open for Returning Members
7/17/18 - 12/11/18
Open for New Members
7/17/18 - 12/11/18
Welcome to STAS/JRRC Fall Swim 2018!
Fall Swim begins Tuesday, September 4th. - November 15th
- Swimmers must be members of Johnson Ranch Racquet Club to participate in the Fall Swim program.
- Red Group Ages 8-11 (4:00-4:50pm); typically Barracuda levels 2 and 3; and
- Blue Group Ages 12-18 (4:50-6:10pm); typically Barracuda levels 4/5 and 6.
- Practices will be held at the Johnson Ranch South pool, Mondays through Thursdays.
- There will be no practices on Fridays.
- Red Group - Swimmers that are between the ages of 8-11, (typically Barracuda levels 2 and 3), legal in all 4 strokes, and have been on a swim team for at least 1 year. This group will have practice from 4:00-4:50pm, Monday through Thursday. (we are considering 7yr olds - tryout required)
- Blue Group - Swimmers that are between the ages of 12-18, (typically Barracuda levels 4, 5 and 6), legal in all 4 strokes, and have been on a swim team for at least 1 year. This group will have practice from 4:50-6:10pm, Monday through Thursday.
Fall Swim will be led by Coach Joan Smith and Coach Breanne Melconian Patterson.
- Coach Joan with over 10 years of coaching experience Coach Joan has been coaching with the Barracudas since 2015.
- Coach Breanne is a Masters Swim coach at JRRC and has been coaching since 1997. She swam at the collegiate level representing Loyola Marymount University from 2001-2005.
- Flat 11-week Season: Starting Tuesday, September 4th through November 15th $330.0 *
*Multi-Swimmer/Sibling discount 20%
Optional STAS Meets:
All swimmers will have the opportunity to attend USA swim meets under the SpareTime Aquatics team (STAS). If you are interested in participating in the swim meets you will be required to also register with USA swimming. Participating in USA Swim meets with STAS is OPTIONAL, not REQUIRED. You can read more about USA Swimming, SpareTime Aquatics and meet registration on the STAS website. Swimmers who participate in meets must have a parent volunteer registered with the Volunteer Coordinator at STAS. Volunteer duties will consist of timing or officiating at away meets. With STAS home meets volunteers will be asked to assist in running the meet.
Meets available to attend during the season:
- STAS Intrasquad Meet - September 15
- CCA Spook(tacular) BB+/- October12-14 *JRRC Fall Swim Coach will be in attendance.
- STAS @ RDO BB+/- Distance Meet - October 20 - 21
- SMST Gobbler Classic AGO - November 16-18 *JRRC Fall Swim Coach will be in attendance.
If you have questions, please email Coach Joan - firstname.lastname@example.org