We look forward to having you join the New Paltz Seahawks and are excited for another great season!
2020 Team Registration
Open for Returning Members
6/20/20 - 7/13/20
Welcome to the New Paltz Seahawks Electronic Registration platform for our upcoming swim season! We are pleased to offer electronic payment processing and registration. The process is simple for both new and returning members. You'll get access to your own private account that will enable you easily declare for swim meets, sign-up for jobs, see your children's swim times histories, maintain your own contact information, and more.
Effective from 2015, there is a NO REFUND POLICY for registration fees. Registration fees are $125 per swimmer (New Paltz Resident) $150 (Non New Paltz Resident). Registration includes a team t-shirt.
We are happy that we’ve been given the chance to offer a modified 2020 season. The overwhelming positive response to our survey encouraged us to move forward. Registration will open Saturday, June 20th to RETURNING SWIMMERS ONLY and will close Friday, June 26th so we can plan effectively. Due to Covid-19 and the resulting limitations, we have come up with the following and hope to see most, if not all of you poolside in the next couple of weeks.
The 2020 season will begin on July 1st (based on the projected pool opening date, this may be tentative) and will end on August 1st or August 2nd. This will be a practice-only season – three days a week (assigned on an X/Y schedule, 45-minute sessions, with the exception of 8 and under, which will be 30 minutes) with an end of season celebration, yet to be determined. The following guidelines set by the pool director and town will apply:
- No more than two swimmers per lane (the coaches have worked out the numbers, and based on last year’s roster, this will work)
- Face coverings are to be worn when entering and leaving the grounds, but NOT permitted or required in the pool
- The pavilion and playground will be off limits. Parents will be asked to drop their child off and return before their session ends – setting up on the hill outside the pool gates (adhering to socially distant measures of 6-feet apart) would be a good option to parents of our younger age groups.
- Bathrooms will be closed (except for emergencies) – swimmers are asked to come in their swimsuit and leave in their swimsuit
- There will be a one-way entrance and exit to discourage crowds and lingering.
- Kickboards and pull buoys will not be provided this year but are required. A link to purchase your own (one per family, unless you have two swimmers in one age group) will be posted on our website.
The limitations seem daunting, but I assure you the coaches and our board want this to be as fun as possible and will work through the guidelines to offer you our best. If you have any questions, please email us through the website.