SPRING TRAINING 2021
Open for Returning Members
2/11/21 - 3/12/21
Open for New Members
2/11/21 - 3/12/21
Welcome to the Dominion Valley Sharks Swim Team Electronic Registration platform for our SPRING TRAINING - Session 3 of Winter Swim Clinics. Please note, all Spring Training sessions are currently FULL. We are now on a waitlist for both the Shark and Minnow groups. Please follow registration steps and register for our waitlists and we will be in touch if we are able to schedule additional sessions.
The intent of the Dominion Valley Sharks Clinic Program is to work on stroke development and to enhance swimmers’ skills for Summer 2021 Swim Team.
Please note these important items to consider prior to registering your child:
- Our Swim Clinic numbers will be very limited due to COVID. Swimmers will practice in a socially distant way.
- Masks will be required for all swimmers as they enter and exit the Waverly Club.
- All swimmers must be 7 years or older. There are no exceptions.
- We are unable to have any coaches in the pool, therefore if your children cannot swim unassisted they will not be able to participate. There will be no Tadpoles group this Fall.
- No parents will be allowed on deck during clinic sessions.
Please choose the group which best fits your child's skill set.
Minnows: This group is designed for younger swimmers who can comfortably swim two lengths of the pool but are not legal in all four strokes. The focus will be on stroke development and refinement. Practices are 45 minutes.
Sharks: This group is for swimmers that are legal in all four strokes that are looking to enhance their skill level and technique. Practices are 60 minutes.
Each practice will address all of the aspects of the stroke including:
- Head and body position
- Kick efficacy and leg action
- Pull and propulsion phases
- Arm recovery;
- Breathing and timing; and
- Starts and turns
Waverly Club Indoor Pool - 15401 Fog Mountain Cir, Haymarket, VA 20169
Practices will occur between Saturday, March 13th and Sunday, May 16th. No swim on March 27/28 and April 3/4. Each group will meet once a week, either on Saturday or Sunday. You can choose the day that works best for you during registration and your assigned day and time will stay the same for the entire 8 week session.
1st session (Minnows): 10:45am-11:30am
2nd session (Sharks): 11:45am-12:45pm
Space is very limited; we plan to keep the numbers manageable with a max of 4 swimmers per lane.
$100 Per swimmer
We look forward to having you join the Dominion Valley Sharks Swim Team Swim Clinics and are excited for another great season!