2020 HOX Spring Clinic
Open for Returning Members
12/1/19 - 3/1/20
Open for New Members
12/15/19 - 3/1/20
BLACKHAWK COUNTRY CLUB
2020 SPRING CLINIC
Monday, March 2 - Tuesday, March 31, 2020
IMPORTANT: This program is only open to current Blackhawk Country Club (BCC) Swim/Fitness members and above. Please choose one of the below options before registering:
- Non BCC Members:
Non-members are not eligible to enroll in the Spring Clinic. Do not register and instead follow the steps below:
- Contact BCC Membership via email at: Nikki Ericksen or by phone at: 925-736-6503.
- Once you have been approved by BCC and assigned a member number, please contact Sean Quackenbush at: firstname.lastname@example.org for a mandatory evaluation.
- New BCC Members & New HOX Swimmers:
New BCC Members, current members new to HOX Swim Team (including Mini HOX from 2019), or unsure if your child is swim team ready, please do not proceed with registration. Instead, contact Coach Sean Quackenbush at: email@example.com for a mandatory evaluation. Should you register prior to completing an evaluation, your registration will not be approved until this condition is met.
- Returning 2019 HOX Swimmers:
As a returning 2019 HOX swim family (does not include 2019 Mini HOX Swimmers and Spring Mini HOX will have a separate registration), please read the below program information and continue on to registration at the bottom of this page.
The 2020 BCC Spring Swim Clinic will begin Monday, March 2 and run through Tuesday, March 31. This 20 day program is ideal for "swim-team-ready" and returning rec team swimmers with a focus on technique and to help swimmers get back into the "swim of things" before summer. The coaches would like to encourage all families to participate in the Spring Clinic as this program will provide the technical foundation for the swimmers to build upon throughout the season. Clinic will focus on a technical foundation for swimmers to build upon throughout the season. Each week will focus on a different swim stroke and will also cover: drill progression, explosion off the walls, underwater dolphin kicks, proper body position, effective pull to create maximum propulsion, breathing tips, proper stroke timing, starts, turns, finishes, race strategy, etc. The final week is a review.
VSA and County eligibility rules require that swimmers do not exceed 15 hours of in-water clinics and lessons between March 1, 2020 through the start of the swim season, April 1, 2020. Furthermore, there should be no swimming during the months of January and February (excluding High School Swimmers). It is the parents responsibility to ensure their swimmers adhere to this rule. Exceeding the limit could lead to disqualification and team penalties. Thank you for your assistance in managing to this limit.
Swim teams that wish to participate in the County meet may not offer more than 15 hours of lessons or clinics through the team, by team coaches or at team facilities (whether in or out of the water) from March 1, 2020 through the start of the swim season, April 1, 2020. Swimmers may not participate in more than 15 hours of lessons or clinics by participating in multiple programs during this period.
For a full description of the VSA & County eligibility rules please CLICK HERE
- Program Dates: March 2 - March 31
- Program Offerings:
|20 Day Program||$ 300||
BCC Member Charge
|10 Day Program||$ 250||
BCC Member Charge
Days Off/No Swim (All Swimmers):
- Friday, March 6
- Friday, March 20
- Age Group Practice Times:
|Age Group||Practice Time|
|6 & Under||4:00 – 4:30 PM|
|7/8||4:30 – 5:15 PM|
|9/10||5:15 - 6:00 PM|
|11 & Up||6:00 - 6:45 PM|
- New to BCC, new to HOX swim or Mini HOX last year: Do not register until the mandatory evaluation with Head Aquatics Director, Sean Quackenbush is completed (see membership rules at top of page). Please have evaluation completed in time for March 1, 2020 registration close date.
- Returning HOX Swimmers: Register by completing the Spring Clinic on-line registration provided on this site by clicking "Continue or Check Status" below. Registration closes for all on March 1, 2020. Please be sure to read this page in it's entirety before proceeding with registration. There are no refunds for BCC Spring Clinic once you register for any reason.
- All: HOX TeamUnify (TU) accounts are not approved/activated for Spring Clinic Registrations as this is a BCC Program. HOX TU accounts are only activated for approved summer HOX Swim Team registrations. DO NOT attempt log in to begin registration. You will be prompted for your log in credentials at the appropriate time.