Trails 2018 Registration
Open for Returning Members
2/14/18 - 5/15/18
Open for New Members
2/14/18 - 5/15/18
Welcome to online registration for the Trails Swim Team summer season!
Because of our strong performance in last year's conference meet, Trails Swim Team will be swimming in the NCISC A Conference Championship again for the 2018 season! Way to go, Trails swimmers!
New this season, due to large registration numbers, the team will be limiting the number of swimmers in each age group. This is to ensure our swimmers have the best possible experience in the pool. If the registration group is full for your swimmer, please register for the age group waitlist instead.
Criteria for new swimmers, age 5-8, includes the desire to learn, the ability to back float, and the ability to cross the pool (25 meters) independently. Older swimmers should be able to swim at least 50 meters without stopping. A three day evaluation and trial period is available at the start of the season to ensure your child's readiness.
All Trails Swim Team practices are held at Algonquin Lions Armstrong Memorial Pool (599 Longwood Drive). Practices are conducted daily by age-groups, Monday - Friday, beginning the week of May 21st in the afternoon and changing to morning practices on June 4th for the remainder of the season. Special practices are held on Monday and Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. There are 6 dual meets held Tues/Thurs evenings, the Trails Invitational on June 23rd, and the NCISC Conference Meet to end the season on July 21st.
Trails Swim Team is a not-for-profit organization run by a board of parent volunteers. Trails relies heavily on parent support and involvement to be successful and parents are required to work a portion of every home swim meet that their family participates in.
2018 Registration Fees
- Registration Fee: $40 per Family
- Membership Fee:
Early Bird Registration (2/15/18-3/15/18): $275 per Swimmer Open Registration (3/16/18-5/01/18): $290 per Swimmer
- Late Registration (After 5/01/18): $305 per Swimmer
- Multi-swimmer discount: (***All swimmers must be registered at the same time to receive discount.)
- $25 discount for each additional swimmers (Early $250/Open $265/Late $280)
- Multi-swimmer discount does not apply to Graduate swimmers
- Graduate swimmer: A swimmer who just completed their Senior year of high school and swam w/ Trails for the last four or more seasons will receive a 50% discount.
- For information on Trails' Fee Assistance Program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sportbook (Optional): $24 (Members have the option of pre-ordering the team Sportbook at a discounted rate.)
- Volunteer Opt-Out (Optional): $250 (Families have the option to pay a fee of $250 in lieu of volunteering at swim meets. Valid for the entire season.)
- Referrals: When a new family joins Trails - with a referral from an existing family - the existing family will receive $25 back per swimmer at the end of the season.
For example, during Early Registration a family with 3 swimmers would pay a total of $815 ($315 + $250 + $250)
-- Swimmer #1: $40 Registration Fee + $275 Membership Fee => $315
-- Swimmer #2: $275 Membership Fee - $25 Multi-Swimmer Discount => $250
-- Swimmer #3: $275 Membership Fee - $25 Multi-Swimmer Discount => $250
*Online registration must be complete and payment must be postmarked by March 15, 2018 in order to receive the early registration discount. Send a check (payable to Trails Swim Team) to Trails Swim Team, Membership Coordinator, PO Box 7752, Algonquin, IL 60102.
Swimmers who withdraw from the team may be eligible for a partial refund of the Membership Fee. There is no refund of the Registration Fee. Refunds must be requested in writing (paper or email) and sent to the Membership Coordinator.
Refund amount if requested before:
- First day of practice: 50% of Membership Fee
- Trails Invitational: 25% of Membership Fee
Questions? Contact Brenda/Laura at email@example.com
We look forward to having you join the Trails Swim Team family and are excited for another great swim season!
The Trails Swim Team Board