Trails 2020 Registration- cancelled by Corona 2020
Open for Returning Members
2/16/20 - 5/10/20
Open for New Members
2/17/20 - 5/10/20
Welcome to online registration for the Trails Swim Team!
We are so excited you are interested in joining the Trails family for the 2020 season! We are celebrating our 50th anniversary and can’t wait to see you at the pool!
Team philosophy. Every swimmer matters. Trails is a recreational summer team and times are not USA Swimming or ISI registered. If you are looking for next level training for your swimmer, please consider a year-round competitive league. Our goal is to stimulate an interest in competitive swimming and provide a fun social environment for competitive swimmers to maintain fitness without the demands and intensity of a more aggressive winter league. Trails Swim Team is about: Teamwork, Respect, Attitude, Integrity, Leadership and of course Swimming. It’s a short 8-week season so while we do practice technique and competition, it’s not the primary focus of our team. We value sportsmanship on and off the pool deck, in practice and in competition. Parents and swimmers will be held to the team Code of Conduct.
Space is limited. In order to ensure our swimmers have the best possible experience in the water, Trails limits the number of swimmers in each age group. If you find the registration for your age group is full, please register to the age group waitlist so that we can let you know as soon as possible if a spot opens up!
New Swimmers. Swimmers new to competitive swim aged 5-8 must be able to cross the pool (25 meters) independently. Older swimmers should be able to swim at least 50 meters without stopping. A three-day evaluation and trial period is available at the start of the season to ensure your child's readiness.They will be evaluated by the Head Coach, Age Group Coach and a board member for approval. You may request to suspend payment if you are unsure of your swimmer’s readiness.
Parent volunteers. Trails Swim Team is a not-for-profit organization run by a board of parent volunteers. Trails relies heavily on parent support and involvement to be successful. Parents are required to work a portion of every home swim meet that their family participates in.
2020 Registration Fees
- Registration Fee: $45 per Family (non-refundable)
- Membership Fee:
- Early Bird Registration (02/17/20-04/3/20) : $285 per swimmer (Payment must be received by April 4.)
- Open Registration (04/04/20-05/01/20) : $300 per swimmer
- Late Registration (After 5/01/20): $315 per Swimmer
- Multi-swimmer discount: (***All swimmers must be registered at the same time to receive discount.)
- $25 discount for each additional swimmers (Early $260/Open $275/Late $290)
- Multi-swimmer discount does not apply to Graduate swimmers
- Graduate swimmer: A swimmer who just completed their Senior year of high school and swam w/ Trails for 4 previous seasons will receive a 50% discount.
- For information on Trails' Fee Assistance Program, contact [email protected]
- Yearbook (Optional): $28 (Members have the option of pre-ordering the team Yearbook at a discounted rate.)
- Volunteer Opt-Out (Optional): $250 (Families have the option to pay a fee of $250 in lieu of volunteering at swim meets. Valid for the entire season.)
- When a new family joins Trails with a referral from an existing family the existing family will receive $25 back per swimmer at the end of the season.
*Online registration must be complete and payment must be postmarked by April 3, 2020 in order to receive the early registration discount. Send a check (payable to Trails Swim Team) to Trails Swim Team, Membership Coordinator, PO Box 7752, Algonquin, IL 60102.Or you may Pay via Paypal (add 2.5% fee) by submitting payment to: [email protected]
Refund Policy. Swimmers who withdraw from the team may be eligible for a partial refund of the Membership Fee. There is no refund of the Registration Fee. Refunds must be requested in writing (paper or email) and sent to the Membership Coordinator.
Refund amount if requested before:
- First day of practice: 50% of Membership Fee
- Trails Invitational: 25% of Membership Fee
Questions? Contact Laura at [email protected]
We look forward to having you join the Trails Swim Team family and are excited for another great swim season!
The Trails Swim Team Board