Travel Team & TT Prep Summer 2021
Open for Returning Members
3/23/21 - 7/31/21
Open for New Members
3/23/21 - 7/31/21
Welcome to the YMCA of Greater Des Moines Electronic Registration platform for our upcoming swim season! We are pleased to offer electronic payment processing and registration. The process is simple for both new and returning members. You'll get access to your own private account that will enable you to easily declare for swim meets, sign-up for volunteer jobs, see your swimmers's event time histories, maintain your own contact information and more.
We look forward to having you join the YMCA of Greater Des Moines and are excited for a great season!
1. All NEW to Travel Team swimmers registering for the DSMY Travel Team need to send an email to the DSMY Team Registrar, Jennifer Van Meter regarding their intent to join the DSMY team including an explanation of eligibility for the Travel Team (include age, year in school and qualifying event with best time). Swimmers who have already participated on Travel Team do NOT need to email Jennifer.
2. As a Member, you will be responsible for the required annual USA Swimming membership Registration Fee of $78.00. If you did not pay this during the fall/winter 2020-2021 season, you will need to do so at this time. This Fee will be available for you to select for your cart at the check out. The USA Swimming fee will be valid through December 31, 2021.
3. Within the registration, you will select the swimmer's appropriate practice group:
Travel Team Season: start date 04-05-2021 through July Championship meet; ISI Silvers or ISI Long Course Championships (Season $680 if paid in full or $170.00 per month ).
Travel Team Prep Season: start date 04-05-2021 through July championship meet; ISI Silvers or ISI Long Course Championships (Season $600 if paid in full or $150.00 per month).
- Swimmers competing past the ISI Long Course Championship meet into August will be invoiced accordingly for their training time. For example, those competing at USA Central Zones will be invoiced for one week.
4. Once you have registered for the DSMY Marlins swim team, you have committed your swimmer for the entire Spring/Summer 2021 season. Please note:
- We do not offer refunds, partial credits or discounts for vacations, missed practices or leaving before the season has ended. However, we do offer monthly payment options.
- Your payment at the time of registration is your swimmer's first month of team dues (if not paying for the season in full).
5. Any outstanding branch account balances will need to be paid prior to being approved for the DSMY 2021 Spring/Summer season.
6. Once the registration is complete, you will be notified of your member status and a secure password will be forwarded to you to allow access to the DSMY Swim Team website.
7. Upon accessing the DSMY Swim Team website, please review your account information. You may add/update contact information as needed.
8. Swimmers will not be allowed to swim in meets if their account and/or YMCA membership are not current.
9. Financial Assistance is available for those who qualify.
10. An Employee discount is available for those who are actively employed.
11. All families are expected to provide service hours during our hosted YMCA and USA Swimming home meets regardless of if your swimmer is in the meet or not.
12. If registration is open (see dates listed above) click on the Green Continue button below and proceed through the process. Again, your payment at the time of registration is for the 1st month of dues at checkout if you are not paying for the season in full. If you have selected the monthly payment option, automatic credit card drafts will take place on: 5/1, 6/1 and 7/1 for monthly dues. 8/1 will include any outstanding balances from meet fees, etc.
Thank you for being a Member of the DSMY Swim Team!