November 9, 2017
February 1st, 2018
Welcome to Riptide TBT, our weekly Thursday "bullet blast" to keep you informed on all team news, stories and helpful tips. If you have anything you would like to see addressed in Riptide TBT or have any feedback, please let us know. GO RIPTIDE!
- Championship Season Kickoff! Good luck to our 8 & unders, who kick off the Championship Season this weekend on Super Bowl Sunday. Don't forget the Riptide "pregame" championship ritual to go to "WARP speed" leading up to the meet (Water, Anticipate your races, Rest as much as possible & Pasta/Potatoes for carbs!). We can't wait to see you all "fly like and Eagle" in the water. Don't forget to "beli-CHECK" your warm-up times, parent timing assignments and all pre-meet information here. I'm sure all of our swimmers will have a "touchdown" type of day and "score" a number of best times. If you have any last minutes issues on Sunday, you can contact coach Laurie here.
- End of Season & Silver Sign Ups Open: 8 & unders will complete their season at their championships this week, unless they are qualified for the NJ Swimming State Championships (see qualifying times here). If you are 9 & over and have not made any bronze times, your season will end with practices next week. If you have Bronze times, but have not made any silver or states times, your season will end after Bronze Championships. If you have made Silver times, you are now able to enter your events on the web site here. Entries are due by Feb 6th. Remember, you can make Silver times at the Bronze meet and then compete at Silver Championships.
- Banquet Save the Date! Our end of season banquet will be held on Sunday, April 15th, so save the date and please plan on attending. It is a great time and a great celebration of our season. More information will be forthcoming soon. We hope to see you there.
- Congrats for Achievement! Congrats to all of our swimmers who participated in the high school GMC Championships last week! You represented your high schools, and Riptide, proud!
- March Madness Session Sign Up! Sign up for our March Madness training session is coming within the week. It will run from Friday, March 2nd through Sunday, April 8th. Grab some of your summer swimming friends and give everyone a jump start on summer swim team season.
- Take this week's Riptide
poll: What Will You Do Once Your Swim Season is
here. (it's fun and will take less than 15 seconds!)
Last week's results: