May 25, 2021
2021-22 NAAC General Practice & Season Protocols
Below are some basic reminders along with adjusted protocols to fit our needs within the required, current or upcoming facility protocols as of 5-16-22. We will adjust protocols as allowed by the facilities we rent from and/or as indicated by our own NAAC circumstances. Currently we have mostly optional Covid protocols aside from Denison – please read all below!
UPDATED Same-Household exposure protocols are noted toward the bottom of the page!
NAHS, LINKS and DENISON PRACTICE PROTOCOLS
- If your swimmer is ill in any way they should stay home until feeling well!
- Arrive 10-15 min early for practice, with swimsuits on (as possible), ready to swim
- Please refer to your Lead Coach for regular locker room use procedures per Group
- Please enter and exit the pool area from the stadium entrance at NAHS, from the near gate at The Links, and enter from the West door at Denison while exiting from the East door (Denison doorways should be labeled).
- All swimmers have optional masking at NAHS and The Links.
- Denison requires masks unless you show proof of vaccination at your first practice. Denison will also require a sign in for each practice, and limited locker room useage.
- Parents are welcome to watch practices from the courtyard area at NAHS, from outside the pool at The Links, and Denison does not allow non-participants in the pool area. The pool area and bleachers are reserved for swimmers, coaches and pool staff only
- Swim bags and belongings should remain in the bleachers, not in the locker rooms
- Please stay relatively spaced in the bleachers and on deck
- Grab your equipment bag and head to your designated lane, side or space when Coaches ask
- Be ready to swim QUICKLY once you are on deck
- Restroom use during practice shall be limited in number to 2 per gender
- If changing out of suits before leaving please do so quickly, locker room limited to 15 +/-
- Practices may be delayed or cancelled for thunder & lightning, or any very poor weather as usual, and swimmers will be directed per specific circumstances
- Crush your training & have fun doing so!
2021-22 Covid 19 positive test, quarantine and NAAC travel protocols v12.29.21
In the event that a currently practicing swimmer or a current coach on deck (defined as a participant), or household member of either, test positive for Covid 19 the following protocols shall generally apply, as well as possible Isolation, Quarantine & Travel protocols noted for all NAAC participants. The day of a positive test is day zero per current guidelines.
1. Any participant testing positive for Covid 19 will be required to quarantine per most up-to-date Franklin County Board of Health guidelines post-positive test.
As of 5-16-22 : Participants testing positive must observe a 5 day isolation period OR have a negative test result prior to returning to practice (if less than 5 days), and may return to practices only after they are symptom-free.
2. Any participant testing positive for Covid 19 should notify Head Coach John Coffman so that the following protocols may be followed for the group and the team to prevent added risk of transmission across participants. Your information will remain confidential within the NAAC Board and Coaching Staff.
2.a. If positive test post 48 hours of NAAC practice or meet attendance – Swimmer shall follow item #1 above, and practice group will be notified of positive test post 48 hours of NAAC practice attendance. All same-group swimmers are requested to self monitor for symptoms regularly.
3. Possible Quarantine outside of NAAC: If any NAAC participant is quarantined from school (or work), they are then also quarantined from NAAC for the same time period requested of their school (or work), OR per the recommendation of their County Board of Health even if exhibiting no symptoms. The lesser of the two options above is acceptable if their is different direction per school/work/board of health, and in accordance with the info below for same household contacts. Effective return to NAAC practice dates will be the same as each swimmer's school return date, return to extracurricular activity date and/or work return date per above for out-of-household exposures.
FOR SAME HOUSEHOLD QUARANTINE (ex Mom, Dad, Brother or Sister test positive), swimmers should only return to practices if fully symptom free, avoiding positive same-houshold member as much as possible, and preferably with a negative Covid test.
4. Travel Protocols: None currently in place for Ohio nor for NAAC.
These guidelines are subject to revision over time as context and circumstances dictate. Review will take place at the start of each month, and more often if warranted.
Last Updated 5-16-22
NAAC Board of Directors