March 21, 2017
- 13 year old Abbey Gardner made the YMCA National meet in the 200 fly with a time of 2:11.51 placing 4th overall. Abbey just turned 13 and this was a wonderful accomplishment. Abbey decided to swim in this one event in hopes of making Nat's and it paid off! This time also set a new SCY team record.
- 14 year old Michael Pacholarz did a fantastic job once again. Michael competed in 7 events and had personal best times in five of them! Michael placed 4th in the 100 back with a personal best time (pbt) of 55.14. He placed 4th in the 50 free with a pbt of 23.07, 9th in the 400 I.M. with a pbt of 4:28.30 and a new team record. He also placed 9th in the 200 IM with a pbt of 2:03.81, 9th in the 200 back, 10th in the 100 free and 13th in the 200 free with a pbt of 1:52.84
- 12 year old Henry Bysshe competed in 8 events and had personal best times in 6 of them. His pbt's were in the following events: 100 fly- 1:08.03, 100 free- 59.50, 200 back- 2:22.45, 200 free- 2:10.09, 50 back- 30.61 and the 50 fly- 29.66.
- 12 year old Ayden Alexander set a new team record with a pbt of 1:15.26.in the 100 breaststroke.
- 10 year old John Postma qualified in three events and did his pbt's in two of them. 100 free- 1:07.43 and the 50 back- 34.96
- Thomas Kane (13) and JJ Kane (11) both qualified in the 200 fly event.
Congratulations to all the swimmers on achieving times to compete in this meet. This meet has very difficult time standards, and ALL of you should be very proud of your accomplishments. Job well done!!
** Please excuse any typos or omissions.**