April 19, 2017
EMPIRE KC Start of LC Season Update!!!
Please read thoroughly. There are many items that could pertain to your swimmer and family.
· Sign-up for the Annual EMPIRE KC Banquet ASAP! The sign-up deadline is this coming Monday April 24th, 2017. Send Coach Carmen your pictures!
· Sign-up for our Rose Memorial Swim Meet NOW!! The sign-up deadline is this coming Friday, April 21st, 2017.
· This Friday’s morning practice is canceled due to V-M Meet in Topeka. No AM practice April 21st at Longview.
· Reinforce and fine-tune your skills with an Olympic Gold Medalist!
Empire Swim Club Parents and Swimmers!
I am excited to announce the Fitter and Faster Swim Tour Presented by SwimOutlet is coming to Kansas City, MO on April 29th and 30th! This event is an amazing opportunity for us to learn from Olympian, Alyssa Anderson! Reinforce and fine-tune your skills and techniques before Championship season with one of America's best! Olympian, Alyssa Anderson, will be leading two clinics to teach swimmers the key components of technique and body positioning for FAST racing!!
In addition, Coach Bobby knows someone at the Tour and was able to secure us a discounted rate! If you use the code: “EMPIRE” during the registration process, our team will receive a 20% discount.
Click on the links below for curriculum, clinician, and registration details!
Saturday, April 29th (Ages 11 & under): https://fitterandfaster.com/swim-clinics/the-fundamentals-of-fast-swimming-11-under-kansas-city-mo/
Sunday, April 30th (Ages 12 & up): https://fitterandfaster.com/swim-clinics/high-performance-starts-underwater-dolphin-kicking-and-freestyle-12-over-kansas-city-mo/
See you at the pool!
· 2017 Swim PINK A+ Invitational Meet
-this is a team travel trip: travel will be either by coach bus or large passenger vans, the team hotel is less than 4 blocks from the pool, all meals will be ordered the week before we leave for the meet and we will be doing a donation list for snacks/drinks/etc. All efforts will be made to keep the cost of this trip below $450 + meet fees per athlete. Meet information is posted on our webpage.
-please check the qualifying standards and sign-up ASAP. Sign-up deadline is May 5th, 2017.
-we will limit the number of athletes to the first 30 swimmers to sign up.
· 2017 Central Zone Multi- Cultural Meet
- This meet is a celebration of athletes of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, income, ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual orientation. It provides opportunities for swimmers of diverse backgrounds to represent their LSC, celebrate diversity, allow the success of competitive goals, establish friendships, learn from each other, and share the love of our sport – swimming.
- Saturday, June 10 & Sunday, June 11 at Ohio State University
- Sign-up deadline is May 5th, 2017
-As soon as we get more information, we will forward it onto our families.
· R7 Notice: Building Security
- Starting next week, April 24, on Monday's and Wednesday's, through May 17, the elementary water safety swim lesson students will be in the building starting at 3:45p-5:15p. When students are in the building, R7 District policy requires us to keep all doors locked and the general public out of the building, with the exception of your swimmers and coaching staff. While the elementary students are in the locker rooms changing, your swimmers are not allowed to enter the locker rooms. Again, the only people allowed in the building are your swimmers and the coaching staff. Please share this information with your families and swimmers. -Regards, Kwasi Prior