July 27, 2017
WOW! What a meet our GPAC swimmers had at the Middle Atlantic Jr. Olympic Championships this past weekend in Lancaster! Every time I looked not only were GPAC swimmers achieving lifetime best times but they were dropping chunks of time in many cases! I'd say this bodes well for the future of our club.
A special congratulations goes out to the following GPAC swimmers who competed exceptionally well at the Middle Atlantic Jr. Olympic Championships:Bella Brennan, Rachel Carapella, Dolan Grisbaum, Kylee Hynes, Kaelynn Jackson, Cole Jennings, Abby Kern, Ethan Kern, Sarah Kern, Danielle McCarthy, Allison McMurray, Kylie McMurray, Abby Miller, Audrey Moore, Chloe Morris, Jake Narvid, Sean Simms, Ben Stanker, Lyndsey Warner, and Shane Washart
Here are just a few of the MANY highlights from this meet:
- 20 GPAC swimmers competed and earned an INCREDIBLE 98 LIFETIME BEST TIMES! This was a best time rate of 88% for all of our swims...WOW!
- GPAC finished in 7th in boys' team scoring with 323 points, 11th in girls' team scoring with 231 points, and 9th in combined team scoring with 554 points. This is an improvement from the combined 10th place with 461 points we achieved last year. This is how we will reach the TOP, one step at a time!
- GPAC earned 23 individual top 8 performances with the following swimmers all earning at least one: Bella Brennan, Dolan Grisbaum, Abby Kern, Abby Miller, Jake Narvid, Sean Simms, Ben Stanker, Lyndsey Warner, and Shane Washart.
- GPAC also recorded team points from 25 individual top 16 performances (places 9th - 16th) by the following swimmers: Dolan Grisbaum, Kylee Hynes, Abby Kern, Ethan Kern, Sarah Kern, Danielle McCarthy, Kylie McMurray, Audrey Moore, Chloe Morris, Jake Narvid, Sean Simms, Lyndsey Warner, and Shane Washart
- GPAC had some GREAT relay
performances at this meet! The following were those relay
- Girls 13-14 400 Free Relay: Kylee Hynes, Audrey Moore, Abby Miller, and Lyndsey Warner - 8th place in at best time of 4:15.58
- Boys 13-14 400 Free Relay: Sean Simms, Ethan Kern, Dolan Grisbaum, and Jake Narvid - 5th place in a best time of 3:58.70
- Girls 11-12 400 Free Relay: Danielle McCarthy, Allison McMurray, Chloe Morris, and Sarah Kern - 7th place in a best time of 4:38.72
- Girls 13-14 400 Medley Relay: Lyndsey Warner, Abby Miller, Bella Brennan, and Kylee Hynes - 7th place in a best time of 4:48.10
- Boys 13-14 400 Medley Relay: Sean Simms, Dolan Grisbaum, Jake Narvid, and Ethan Kern - 6th place in a best time of 4:32.35
- 4 GPAC swimmers recorded 6 new Speedo Sectional Time Standards, a very difficult standard to achieve for 14 & under swimmers! Those swimmers were Abby Miller (100 breast), Jacob Narvid (800 and 1500 free), Sean Simms (800 and 1500 free), and Lyndsey Warner (50 free).
- BIG shout out to Abby
Miller and Jacob Narvid for
establishing new GPAC Long Course Team
Records at this meet! The following were those
- Abby Miller: 13-14 girls 100 breast - 1:17.63
- Jacob Narvid: 13-14 boys 1500 free - 17:01.90; 200 free - 2:05.29; 400 free - 4:20.57; 800 free - 8:56.27
- Also, a special shout out to our GPAC 10 & unders who made the trek to Lancaster and competed extremely well in this meet. Talk about a bright future!! And the great news is, THEY ARE ALL ONLY 9!! Here are those 10 & under swimmers: Kaelynn Jackson, Abby Kern, Kylie McMurray, and Ben Stanker.
BIG congrats again to all of these individuals for an outstanding job well done at JO's and thank you for representing GPAC so well! Next up we have Ryan Brennan, Emily Jones, Matt Murphy, and Laura Wakeley who will be competing next week in the Futures Championships at the Spire Institute in Geneva, OH. Lets keep the ball rolling!!
Greater Philadelphia Aquatic Club