August 23, 2017
REMINDER: GCY Starts Practices Monday, August 28th, 2 More Practices Left for GCY OPEN HOUSE (everyone is welcomed!)
We hope that everyone has enjoyed their break and ready to start back swimming! We still have 2 more practices left for GCY Open House, swimmers at all levels (except our Jr Makos) are welcomed to attend and meet our coaches!
Here are some updates and frequently asked questions:
- WAITING LISTS UPDATES: We still have over 30 swimmers on our waiting lists at various times and sites, we do however still have available in MOST ALL classes and locations still, and we're are attempting to call everyone by end of week to discuss options. MOST swimmers do other classes and at some point during the year you will typically be able to slide into your desired class/time! Most of our classes/levels still have openings!
- FIRST WEEK EQUIPMENT QUESTIONS: For swimmers in our Makos and homeschool programs, all you need is your suit and goggles, and a swim cap IF you wear a swim cap. All swimmers in our Age Group, Senior Prep, Senior, and National programs (as well as Flex/Morning options), please bring your mesh bags and the equipment you have - CLICK HERE FOR EQUIPMENT LISTS BY GROUPS (please have all equipment by September 15th).
- ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS AND START OF SCHOOL: We are not requiring or taking attendance in our groups that have minimum practice requirements until after Labor Day, it is important that everyone gets off to a great start academically!
- LABOR DAY: We will not be offering any practices Labor Day Monday afternoon for any of our groups. We will provide a morning option, however, for Senior Prep and Up levels, and Saturday Sept 2nd is normal for all groups. Our times will be announced shortly.
- ROLLING OPEN HOUSE: As long as there is SPACE in the program we offer, GCY has a one time rolling OPEN HOUSE option all year long! Potential competitive swimmers are allowed to try us out for any 1-week time frame, and potential seasonal swimmers may try out up to 2 classes.
If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Swim Team Office at 336-478-9635, thank you!