October 1, 2017
Good evening EAC families,
It’s finally starting to feel like fall! It has been great seeing (and meeting) so many of you at practices the last two weeks. EAC is off to a great start! Here are the items for this week’s newsletter:
- Practice Schedule: We have a normal practice schedule this week including practices on Saturday.
- Are you new to EAC? If you are a new family to EAC, we understand that joining a new team can be a little overwhelming. We have some awesome “seasoned” families who have volunteered to come along side you as a buddy family. This is totally optional and is designed to provide a resource to help ease the transition. If you are interested in being paired with an experienced EAC buddy family, please reply to this email.
- Required Paperwork: At the beginning of each season, we need to have a signed Waiver/Release of Liability form for each family participating on the EAC team. It was supposed to be part of the registration process on TeamUnify, but there seems to have been a glitch with it this year. I have attached the waiver to this newsletter. There are also some hard copies available at the pool in the folder bin. Please fill out one per family and return it as soon as possible. Completed waivers should be put in the “Completed Waivers” Folder at the front of the folder bin (that folder is not there yet but will be by the end of practices on Monday evening).
- Volunteers: It’s time to get our volunteer paperwork in order before the dual meet season starts. Here’s a message from Adrienne Mellinger, our Secretary: In order to ensure EAC is taking the proper precautions and to maintain our agreement with the Elizabethtown College – every parent (returning and new) needs to fill out the Volunteer Application. This is a yearly document that must be filled out by every volunteer in order to comply with the college’s policy. Please fill out the volunteer form ASAP and submit to EAC (place in “Volunteer Applications/Clearances” folder in bin at the pool). Also – if you plan to help with lining up or staging swimmers this is the one volunteer position that the state law requires we have clearances on file for. If you have your clearances already – please submit them. It is better to have them on file and not need them! If you already submitted your clearances previous years, you will be contacted when you need to submit renewals. Please find the links attached for your reference.
- Child Abuse Clearances – if you plan to help with lining up or staging swimmers during our dual meets or at the Frosty Frolic – you need to have these clearances.
- **ONLY NEEDED IF YOU HAVE NOT LIVED IN PA FOR THE PAST
- If you have lived in PA for the past 10 consecutive years please fill out the PA Affadavit (go online at www.pa.cogentid.com)
Once you receive your required forms, please submit to EAC for our records.
- Spirit wear and caps: Thanks for your patience as we continue to work on getting things set up for spirit wear and swim cap orders. As soon as things are ready to open for orders, I will let you know right away.
- Green Practice Group: Stroke night videos are the same as last week:
That's it for this editions of the newsletter. Have a great week, and I'll see you at the pool! :-)
Just keep swimming,