October 3, 2017
Team email #6
Intersquad sign up is going well. Currently we have about 50 swimmers participating which is really awesome!! Sign up closes at midnight Wednesday the 4th.
Please make sure you pick an active job as well as a food donation job. We only have 2 people signed up for timing and we need 14. We also have only 1 person signed up for set up and clean up. These jobs are usually quick. We do not have to clean the pool facility just put back any chairs and the timing system as well. Could use some heavy lifters in this area.
The meet details
- Please have your swimmer find their coach when they arrive.
- Make sure they have their suit/cap/ tee shirt for the meet and bring two towels.
- We will have a designated warmup for the Jr. & Sr. groups 4:40-5:10
- The Developmental groups and Minis will get in from 5:15-5:40.
- A typical intersquad or mini meet, as they are called, is to get your child/swimmer introduced into meet format, is experiential and supposed to be very, very fun!! We do not give out awards but there will be lots of cheers and high fives.
- If you feel that your swimmer is feeling anxious, please let the coaches’ help guide them. At travel meets, only certified coaches could be on deck and in locker rooms, as guided by the Safe Sport Initiative in USA swimming. If you feel like your child really needs you, please find their coach and them, as it is perfectly reasonable.
- If you have any questions before the meet, please ask your child’s coach or contact me.