October 6, 2017
Non-toxic bird repellent to be dispersed beginning Oct. 8
To help relocate the high concentrations of birds from the downtown plaza areas, representatives of the Oklahoma Wildlife Conservation will use a fog machine to disperse a non-toxic bird repellent.
The non-toxic repellant, known as Avian Bird Repellent, is not harmful to birds or humans. However, birds don’t like the smell and will typically move away to roost somewhere else. To humans, the repellant usually smells like grapes.
Schedule and locations:
- Fogging will take place from 7 to 9 p.m., beginning Sunday, Oct. 8 and continue every other night through Oct. 22.
- Once the fog machine is deployed, the fog will rise from the ground and into the air within 15 to 20 minutes, covering targeted trees and buildings.
- The following areas will be fogged:
- Plaza area between the Information Center (IC) and the Adams Building (AB).
- Hilton Garden Inn (HGI) parking lot.
- POB Plaza and trees
Even though non-toxic, please avoid the specified areas while the fog machine is in use. During treatment times, members can access the Fitness Facilities from the tunnel system or west entrance of the AB on Jennings Avenue. Please have your employee badge or Fitness member card ready for the Security officer at the west entrance.
Splash Club and Splashers participants- I will have specific logistical info for the swimmers on Monday, Oct. 8. Please arrive early and be patient as we work through this process.