October 9, 2017
Please note new the policy below by NJ Swimming for 12 & under swimmers effective 11/1/2017.
|Our OCY 2017 policy
will now change back to the 2016 season: |
OCY 12 and Under swimmers will not be allowed to wear tech suits during any swim meet.
Only swimmers ages 13 and older will be eligible to wear “tech suits” at specified meets only (see below).
All swimmers should wear our SPEEDO: AQUABLADE team suit , which is an approved competition suit
by NJ swimming for all meets.
2017-2018 Meets when Technical suits can be worn by those 13&Over: Winter Classic, Holiday Classic, Winterfest, NJ YMCA States, YMCA Nationals, USA Junior Olympics/Eastern Zones.
Techs suits can ONLY be worn by 13 & overs at the listed meets ; no exceptions.
|NEW JERSEY SWIMMING AGE GROUP TECH SUIT RESTRICTION POLICY|
- 1. Swimmers 12 years old and younger may not compete in a “Tech suit” (i.e. Bonded or mesh seamed suits) in a New Jersey Swimming, Inc. sanctioned or approved meets.
- *Age is determined by the 1st day of the meet*
- 2. Swimmers ages 12&Under may not compete in a “Tech” suit in a New Jersey, sanctioned or approved competition. Starting November 1, 2017.
- 3. There is no “Tech” suit restriction for swimmers age 13 & over.
- 4. A “Tech Suit” is defined, as a suit that has bonded seams, Kinetic Tape, or Meshed Seams, and/or have the FINA approved tag verifying the suit. The suits listed below are in this category, and will be posted on the New Jersey Swimming website.
- 5. Rule Enforcement and Penalty: Swimmers that race in a restricted suit will be disqualified from that event. Swimmers who are wearing restricted suits will not be permitted to compete in said suit. However, they are able to change into an acceptable suit to swim. No extra time before their race will be given to change suits. If there is any question about a suit, it should be addressed to the meet referee prior to the start of the session.
- 6. Coaches and Officials will be responsible for monitoring this Policy. Coaches need to educate their teams and be willing to speak up if they see a swimmer with a suit on at a meet. Officials should have the list of restricted suits available as a reference.
- 7. The following statement shall be added to all meet announcements.
“Tech suits” are not permitted at any meet for 12 & under swimmers. “Tech Suits “are defined, as a suit that has Bonded Seams, Kinetic Tape, or Meshed Seams, and or have the FINA approved tag verifying the suit.
This Policy will be effective November 1, 2017 For All NJS Sanctioned or Approved Meets.
Restricted Tech Suit List & Non- RESTRICTED Tech Suit List:
Will be available by October 31st