EAC Newsletter 10.16.17
October 16, 2017
Happy Monday morning, Gators! Here are this week’s newsletter items:
- Practice schedule: Normal practice schedule this week except no Saturday practices this weekend.
- Caps/Spirit Wear: Orders for both of those are due today. I’m attaching the cap order form, but please call or email your order to T&T if you’re planning on ordering today. And here is the link for our spirit wear store: https://www.agpestores.com//ESGSports/groupproducts.php?prodgroup_id=19143&prodgroupbypass=true
- Coach Spotlight: This week, we’re
featuring Coach Heather Doughterty…
- I've been coaching for over 20 years starting at the Lebanon YMCA, Robesonia, Conestoga Valley, Milton a Hershey, and EAC.
- My favorite thing about coaching is pushing swimmers to be better than they thought they could be.
- My favorites:
- Color – blue
- Food – cookies
- Holiday - National Cookie Day
- Stroke – backstroke
- A piece of advice I want the swimmers to have: If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough.
- Blue & Green: Here is a great video showing how to prevent shoulder injury with a few exercises. The only equipment used is a stretch cord and tennis ball. There is no weight lifting, which makes it good for all ages. https://youtu.be/rgo3g-Ge85Y
- Green: Here are this week's stroke videos for green:
- Back: https://youtu.be/zB1A1jhlNv0
- Breast: https://youtu.be/0blSHG3RUXw
- Fly: https://youtu.be/vJKMQ3w7NV4
- Free: https://youtu.be/N9AlqfbG6uw
- Open turn drill: https://youtu.be/38RQRPaAVU4
That's it for this edition. Have amazing week!
Just keep swimming,