NewsWave October 27
October 27, 2017
WTSC NewsWave October 26
1. Deadlines & Reminders
- All swimmers have been automatically signed up for our Holiday Championships Invite, November 17-19, unless you opted out before the deadline. Coaches have completed entries already for the meet- you can sign into your account to view event selection at anytime. For prelim/final meets, the maximum allowable number of individual events per day is 3.
- Parents, we are very close to opening the volunteer positions for the meet. As we coordinate with other groups, from the visiting swim teams to other NC teams and groups to fill timing positions, it has taken some extra time to get organized for such a large meet.
- Speaking of large meets, be ready to host the largest and fastest meet ever at the NC Natatorium! We are on track to host over 700 swimmers from more than 15 teams throughout Indiana & Illinois. Coaches are gearing up to make this a highlight competition of the first half of the winter season. Parents, please strive to keep attendance as high as possible over these next few weeks.
2. Shout Out
- There was an omission in the RIVI meet recap that deserves a special shout out here. Cadel Easterday made the first Divisional cut of her career in the 50 Free at the RIVI meet. Way to go Cadel and again, an updated Honor Roll is posted at the pool and on the club website.
3. Other News
- A reminder to all age group swimmers - tonight's practice will be another "combined" workout. The training groups will all have their usual practice start time, but after a group appropriate warmup, we will then mix all the groups together for work on a particular skill, or just to have some fun! FYI, Whitecaps may run over a few minutes past 7pm. Our Friday night attendance has been outstanding so far this season, and we hope that continues tomorrow.
- What a great time last week at our Annual Fall Festival and Hayride event in Westfield. It was a beautiful night for a bonfire and tractor rides around the property. Thank you to everyone who helped make it possible and we hope you had a great time.
- New team shirts and caps were delievered 2 weeks ago. Parents, please make sure to pick up your shirts by the end of this week if you haven't already. Starting Monday, the remaining shirts will be boxed away into storage. Also, please stock up on caps before the Noblesville meet next week. Coaches will not have these in stock at the meet, and you MUST match the team uniform expectation for that day of competition. Read up on our Team Uniform policy here. Just as a baseball, basketball, or volleyball player is required to have a matching jersey/uniform for games, we want our team to match as well.
- Speaking of the Nobesville Invite, we are so proud and excited by the fact that we are taking our largest ever group to an away meet! With over 85 swimmers signed up, we surpassed our previous high number, which was 74 at RIVI! We anticiapte the meet host will release some detailed information early next week, which may include warm up time changes or limited events.
- The November calendar is now available. Please take note of the highlighted days that deviate from our normal training schedule. All age group families, please take special note of the later start times for Saturday practices, now that high school swimming season has begun throughout Indiana.