EAC Newsletter 10.29.17
October 30, 2017
Good evening, Gators!
- Meet Review: Congratulations to all the USA swimmers who competed at Penn State this weekend! As always, you sure are fun to watch!
- Practice Schedule: Reminder that Monday and Tuesday will be different than the usual schedule: Monday will be run like a Friday practice and Tuesday will just be Green from 6:15 to 8:00 pm.
- AquaFest Entry Fees: If you still owe AquaFest entry fees, you will be receiving a second email from me in a few minutes. Please note that those fees need to be turned in by Tuesday at the latest. Please place the check (made out to EAC) in the AquaFest folder in the back of the box.
- CPAL Invitational – Bulldog Splash: A new invitational has been added to the “Events” tab on www.eacgators.com. It is the Bulldog Splash held at Big Springs High School on Saturday, December 2nd. Please submit entries using the website. Entries are due Sunday, November 5th and entry fees must be submitted by Tuesday, November 7th.
- Coach Spotlight: Tonight, we feature another one of our “new” coaches, Coach Angela. Here are some fun facts about her:
- I started coaching a summer swim team at the age of 16 for four years in MD. Then when I started teaching I coached a high school team in MD for 2 years and then I also coached Etown High School Team for 7 years.
- My favorite thing about coaching is what the swimmers improve throughout the year. I also like giving back to a sport that gave added so much to my childhood.
- Favorite Color: Purple
- Favorite Food: Italian
- Favorite Holiday: Christmas
- Favorite Stroke: Breaststroke
- Advice to swimmers: Set goals for yourself and remember that finding success is not always a blue ribbon.
- Green Practice Group: Here are the videos for this week:
- Freestyle: https://youtu.be/4y2JkHnMQRQ
- Backstroke: https://youtu.be/QqbCi3FJI98
- Breaststroke: https://youtu.be/AzayqUyrrUw
- Butterfly: https://youtu.be/F8KPHbW1gEM
That's it for tonight's edition of the newsletter. Have an amazing week, Gators!