November 5, 2017
Good evening, Gators!
- Practice Schedule: Normal practice schedule this week, and there will be practices on Saturday.
- Meet Review: Congratulations to all the USA swimmers who swam at Central York this weekend!
- Bulldog Splash: Remember that entries for the Bulldog Splash are due tonight! Entry fees are due by Tuesday.
- Coach Spotlight: In this edition, we are highlighting another one of our new coaches, Coach Andrew Foltz. Here are some facts about Coach Andrew:
- I have been coaching for 7 years and this is my first season coaching with EAC. I grew up swimming for EAC and am excited to be back to coach with the program!
• Mount Joy Swim Team, 7 years (2011 – present)
• Lancaster Catholic High School, 3 years (2014-2017)
• Also coached high school football for 4 years
- The greatest reward that I find in coaching is seeing swimmers have fun and being successful in their endeavors. I also enjoy seeing the camaraderie built among swimmers as friends, family, and teammates.
- My favorite: Color – Orange; Food – BBQ Ribs; Holiday – Thanksgiving… A day filled with family, food, and football!; Swim stroke – Breaststroke (and a big fan of any relays)
- Advice for swimmers: “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” Set goals, truly believe in yourself, and have fun during the process of working to achieve what you desire.
- Green Videos:
Freestyle - fist drill
Butterfly - angels over the water
Backstroke whistle drill
Thanks for reading tonight's edition of the newsletter! Have an amazing week, Gators!
Yours in swim-ness,