November 6, 2017
Team update 11/6/17
Work Sign Ups are live for the Thanksgiving Invitational. Friday 11/17 - Sunday 11/19, THANKSGIVING INVITE @ Wilton Y, if your swimmer is participating, please clear your schedule so you will be able to work the required sessions. This is a big meet and we need all parents available to help!
If your swimmer is participating in the Thanksgiving Invite, we need you to work!
Email Margaret Daniel if you have any questions, MargaretADaniel@hotmail.com
- If you have 1 swimmer swimming all three days, sign up for at least two sessions
- If you have 2 or more swimmers swimming all three days, sign up for at least two sessions
- If you have 1 swimmer swimming two or less days, sign up for at least 1 session.
- If you have 2 or more swimmers swimming two or less days, sign up for at least 2 sessions
Tuesday 11/7 Stroke & Turn Officials clinic at the Wilton Y for new and recertifying officials, 7 - 9 pm in the conference room. RSVP to Ken Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday11/8, 6 pm, “Meet the WPAC” in the Y lobby
Wednesday 11/8, 6:30 pm, WPAC meeting
Wednesday 11/8 Team Photo Day – practice /photo schedule
- Order forms and payment envelopes are in the Y lobby on the window ledge. THESE MUST BE FILLED OUT and handed in the day of photos to the photographer.
Friday 11/17-Sunday 11/19 -- PINK IN THE POOL
Pink caps are still available for purchase! Remember we would like to have Wahoos in Pink at the Thanksgiving Meet, Nov 17-19th. Get your cap in the lobby any night this week during practice and if you ordered a pink shirt, please pay for it now!
Thanksgiving Holiday practice will be posted next week.
Sunday 11/26 is the deadline for the second order cycle from the Wahoos Apparel & Gear Online Store.
Remember, equipment and suit orders may be placed with Metro Swim Shop at any time
Throughout the month of November the Wahoos are partnering with the Wilton Food Pantry to help those in need. Many families in difficult circumstances participate in the SNAP program receiving aid to purchase food, but many are still unable to afford other necessary items. Won’t you help us - in this month of Thanksgiving - to make some local lives more comfortable? A well-marked bin will be in the lobby to collect items beginning Wednesday, November 1 and ending on November 30th. We challenge each swimmer to submit an item a week.
- Personal Care Items: Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, Body Wash, Soap, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Body Lotion etc.
- Feminine and Baby Care Items: Pads, Tampons, Baby Diapers
- PaperProducts: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Kleenex, etc.
Maybe make it a weekly family donation! Think of each Saturday practice as a “Sudsy Saturday” and make a donation on your way to practice with something that makes you clean or how about “Toothy Tuesday” and each Tuesday donate something for tooth care.
We are grateful for the generosity of our Wahoo families and thank you in advance for your support!
National Team Outreach Committee
All Wahoo families are invited to the 45th Anniversary Celebration! Saturday 11/25 at Rolling Hills Country Club in Wilton. This event is not just for people who have been on the team for a while! Talk to some friends and gather a group to make up a table!
Wahoos 45th Anniversary Celebration!
Mark your calendar! Save the Date! Register NOW!!
Join in the fun! Catch up on old friends! Be there to welcome in the
Class of 2017 into the Wilton Y Wahoos Hall of Fame! Participate in Live Auction!
Join the 45th Anniversary Facebook page
Have any interesting old photos? Send them to Wahoopictures@gmail.com
Ct Swimming is offering an Elite Altitude Training Camp in Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center this spring
· Dates: April 11-17, 2018. Athletes will arrive on Wednesday afternoon and depart on Wednesday morning.
· Age: 13 – 19 years old at time of camp (12th grade or younger).
· Qualification Standards/Selection Criteria: On September 1, 2017, the top 12 swimmers in each SENIOR LCM event from the CT Fast database (date range of: 03/01/16-09/01/17) will be selected and invited.
· More info is available on the CT website as well as a list of invitees.
· If you are interested in attending, please make sure to sign up right away!