EAC Newsletter 11.12.17
November 12, 2017
Good evening, Gators!
- Meet Recap: Congratulations to everyone who swam at AquaFest today! There were some great swims and some super fast times! Way to go!!
- Practice Schedule: Normal practice schedule this week except that there are no practices on Saturday due to a college swim meet.
- Spirit Wear: If you ordered in the first round several weeks ago, don’t forget that Jenn Rutkowski will be at the pool tomorrow evening at 6:15 with the orders. And the second round of ordering is open now (link: https://www.agpestores.com//ESGSports/groupproducts.php?prodgroup_id=19143&prodgroupbypass=true) and will close on November 24th so we will have the items for Christmas. And remember that a small portion of all purchases comes back to the team, so shop, shop shop!! J
- Dual Meet Schedule: The meets that were scheduled for Saturday, December 9th and Saturday, January 27th are both rescheduled. Below are the definite meet dates that we have so far:
- Saturday, 1/6/18
- Sunday, 1/7/18 (Frosty Frolic)
- Sunday, 1/14/18
- Saturday, 1/20/18
- Saturday, 2/3/18 (Away at Palmyra)
- It is possible that we will also have a home meet on Saturday, February 10th; we are waiting for the college to confirm availability.
- Interested in being an official? If you are interested at all in being an official at our dual meets, you will need to attend a training session. Those dates/times are not yet available from the league, but if this is something that interests you, please let me know and we will make sure you are kept in the loop.
- Coach Spotlight: Tonight, we are highlighting Coach Isaac Greene:
- How long have you been coaching? (When? Where?) I've been coaching for about 10+ years. I first coached swim lessons for the Y, Willowood (summer), and helped with the LV Otters (winter) during college. I then helped the AC Otters immediately after college before moving back to the Elizabethtown area where I came back to EAC (with a break after the two little ones came along).
- What is your favorite thing about coaching? My favorite thing about coaching is being around the excitement of the sport, swimmers who love working hard and seeing them stick with it.
- Please list your favorite color, food, holiday and
- Color - Orange
- Food - Pizza....
- Holiday - Thanksgiving (lots of food!)
- Swim stroke - Butterfly
- What is one (or more:) piece of advice you want the swimmers to have? You will always swim your best when you're having fun! Swimming can be a tough sport mentally, so always talk with peers or coaches for advice. Swimming is a rare sport in the health benefits and life skills you learn so be proud of the sport!
- Green: Stroke videos: Please use the same videos as last week. Here they are:
- Freestyle - fist drill https://youtu.be/MZ1AiR45YQQ
- Butterfly - angels over the water https://youtu.be/vJKMQ3w7NV4
- Breaststroke 2-2-1-1 https://youtu.be/z6IICPcGBsU
- Backstroke whistle drill - No video
Have a fantastic week!