December 6, 2017
Good luck this weekend to all swimmers competing at the JAGS Invite. We have another large group set to hit the water (66 total swimmers!) and take on a competitive field from around the Midwest, in the fastest pool in the world. Below is some important information about the meet provided by the host club, starting with the warmup schedule (no changes from the schedule on our website, FYI):
· Friday (All Ages) – 4:30pm warmup; Meet start @ 5:30pm
· Saturday AM (8&Under, 13-14, Open) – 7am warmup; Meet start @ 8am
· Saturday PM (10&Under, 11-12) – 11:30am warmup; Meet start @ 12:30pm
· Sunday AM (13-14, Open) – 7am warmup; Meet start @ 8am
· Sunday PM (10&Under, 11-12) – 11:30am warmup; Meet start @ 12:30pm
This will be a two pool meet with continuous warmup / cooldown in the diving well, and there will be a clerk-of-course for 8&Unders on Saturday morning. The host club will not be providing heat sheets for spectators. However, heat sheets will be available on Meet Mobile and will be posted in all spectator areas. As with all meets at the IUPUI Natatorium, parking will be available at the adjoining garage at the cost of $7 per entry (credit cards only). Prices are set by IUPUI. And please note that on Sunday, there is a 5K / half-marathon (the Santa Hustle) taking place downtown. Some roads may be closed downtown and there may be extra traffic in the area. Please contact your group coach if you have any last-minute questions regarding this meet. Again, good luck swimmers. Rest up and get excited to have fun swimming fast!
FAST Mudsock Classic
We have a fast-approaching deadline for an important meet on our schedule, the FAST Mudsock Classic (January 12-14 @ Fishers HS). This meet is a big one for our club for a variety of reasons. First, it is the first meet after Christmas break, which is traditionally a period of quality training for all swimmers but also a long period of training. Getting the chance to race after all those days of practice gives swimmers something to look forward to and a valuable chance to put their holiday training to the test. Second, this meet is in a great facility against awesome competition, something that always brings out the best in a competitor. Finally, this meet features prelims / finals competition for all swimmers 11&Older, making it our last championship format meet before the actual Championship Season and a chance to make cuts for Divisionals and State. We will offer a combined team practice prior to this meet as well as some rest (similar to our preparation for Holiday Champs) so our swimmers are ready to put their best foot forward. The signup deadline for this meet is December 9 so please check your calendar and get your kids on board for this meet and another great WTSC team effort!
Snowball Fight Intrasquad
The final competition of 2017 will be a tried and true WTSC intrasquad meet. The Snowball Fight Intrasquad will be on December 14 at NC, with warmups starting at 5:30pm. As with all other hosted meets, all WTSC age group swimmers (14&Under) will be pre-entered. Families have until December 11 to “opt out” their swimmers for this meet. This meet will also be the competitive debut for the WTSC Riptide swimmers so get ready to cheer on our newest team members and all other WTSC swimmers on December 14! Contact your group coach if you have questions about this event.
December / Holiday Calendar
The December calendar – including the weeks of Christmas and New Years and running through the second week of January – is available on the club website. This is a busy time of year and a valuable time of year for swimmers to work towards their goals during the holiday break. Please take note of several important dates and changes to the norm:
· Tuesday, December 12 – No practice for any training groups due to NC home JV meet vs. Zionsville.
· Friday, December 22 – The first day of Christmas break for all MSDWT schools. Please follow the practice calendar closely and be on the lookout for additional practices and changes through January 8, which is when all Washington Township schools are back in session.
· Monday, December 25 – Merry Christmas! No practice for any training groups.
· Thursday, December 28 – No practice for any training groups due to NC home meet, the Panther Invitational.
· Monday, January 1 – Happy New Year! No practice for any training groups.
· Tuesday, January 9 – No practice for any training groups due to NC home meet vs. Noblesville.
· Thursday, January 11 – NC home meet vs. Hamilton Southeastern. WTSC age group swimmers will have practice at an alternative location. More details TBA.
· Friday, January 12 & Saturday, January 13 – No practice for any training groups due to the FAST Mudsock Classic. GO WTSC!